The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   So frestrated with verizon (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3042681)

Cogswel_Cogs 01-06-2013 04:41 PM

So frestrated with verizon

I am so frustrated with Verizon right now.
Wife droid had a problem with Droid 2 and they sent back refurbished phone.

We have had 7 refurbished phones sent to us since.
The texting software keeps going out. I think they are fully aware of the issue and in todays societety this really bothers me.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Cogswel_Cogs 01-06-2013 04:43 PM

I swear I have never been so frustrated in my life.

sam_gordon 01-06-2013 04:48 PM

Have you done an internet search for your phone model and 'texting'?

I have 'Handcent SMS' as my texting software. If it's software related, just change the software you use.

Cogswel_Cogs 01-06-2013 04:55 PM

No they tried that a couple of times with each phone. Each time it had to be shipped back. What I am beginning to feel is
that they knew the phones that were going out couldn't be fixed. In todays time where there are so many warnings such actions would be imtolerable!!!!!!!!.

I was so upset I spelled frustrated wrong.

sam_gordon 01-06-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogswel_Cogs (Post 47102663)
No they tried that a couple of times with each phone. Each time it had to be shipped back. What I am beginning to feel is
that they knew the phones that were going out couldn't be fixed. In todays time where there are so many warnings such actions would be imtolerable!!!!!!!!.

I was so upset I spelled frustrated wrong.

So you've tried multiple texting software, all presumably on the same phone model? Have you done a search for the model and 'texting'?

Cogswel_Cogs 01-06-2013 06:09 PM

I do not think it was something that I with them over the phone or techs flashing at store could fix. Each time it went I had to send back.THis time like the 7th or 8th it is outof waranty.

sam_gordon 01-06-2013 06:49 PM

Have u tried different texting software? You dont have to use what came installed on the phone.

Have YOU tried googling to see if others have the problem? If its a problem with a certain model phone, there should be complaints all over the net.

tvguy 01-06-2013 06:50 PM

Why are you mad at Verizon? They are only the service provider. Motorola I can see, they are the ones who made the phone and are doing the exchanges.

lsyorke 01-06-2013 07:03 PM

Droid 2's were notorious for problems. I have a droid Maxx, that I absolutely love. Battery life of 2 days with constant use.

FlightlessDuck 01-06-2013 07:08 PM

Maybe the problem is that it's a refurbed phone. Maybe it's a problem with the version of the OS on the phone. Maybe it is Verizon's fault. It's hard to say.

I would suggest a Google search as well. There seems to be quite a few Droid 2 texting problems. You can read to see if they are the same thing your wife is dealing with.

Cogswel_Cogs 01-06-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvguy (Post 47103883)
Why are you mad at Verizon? They are only the service provider. Motorola I can see, they are the ones who made the phone and are doing the exchanges.

I am equally mad at motorolla but I pay Verizon for my service not motorolla.

Cogswel_Cogs 01-06-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck (Post 47104077)
Maybe the problem is that it's a refurbed phone. Maybe it's a problem with the version of the OS on the phone. Maybe it is Verizon's fault. It's hard to say.

I would suggest a Google search as well. There seems to be quite a few Droid 2 texting problems. You can read to see if they are the same thing your wife is dealing with.

Yeah but most of the problems I see are with refurbs

I really feel that Verizon should be obligated to make sure Motorolla is not just sending crap back out.

Lorelei Lee 01-06-2013 07:34 PM

Simething similar happened to me a few years ago. My daughter's phone had a software problem that kept popping up. After they gave her the 8th replacement phone and it failed,
I was fed up. Even though she wasn't due for an upgrade Verizon replaced the phone wuth a brand new phone, a different make and model.

I would call Verizon.

BelleMarie 01-06-2013 07:40 PM

Power on phone> open Play Store> Search (magnifying glass) for Handcent SMS> Click install> Use Handcent and be happy.

It's a software problem, not a Verizon/Motorola problem, and this is going to fix it. No replacement model of the same phone is going to fix a problem inherent with the phone's software.

Cogswel_Cogs 01-06-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee (Post 47104392)
Simething similar happened to me a few years ago. My daughter's phone had a software problem that kept popping up. After they gave her the 8th replacement phone and it failed,
I was fed up. Even though she wasn't due for an upgrade Verizon replaced the phone wuth a brand new phone, a different make and model.

I would call Verizon.

I just got off the phone with the third person I talked too. Fianlly got treated okay.
Still I think in todays envoiroment where texting is a like line to important emergency notifiactions, porpper monitorig of replacement phones. Through another site I had two other people contact me with stories just liek yours. I am going to write to a couple of places to let them know to make sure that at least they know what happened to me with the refurb phones.