The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help Discount now announced already paid (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041750)

gregpso 01-05-2013 12:15 AM

Help Discount now announced already paid
 
Hi have booked and paid in full for 6 nights at the beach Club park Hopper and dining for $4196 now they are offering the same package aand dates for $1000 less !! I cannot ring them for 7 hrs as over the other side of the eaeth. Eill they let me cancel existing reswervation and make a new one. ie refund the $4196 ans then recharge me the $3200.

I booked too earlyIi never learn (I am ringing them in 7 hours):guilty:

shpdem 01-05-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregpso (Post 47087101)
Hi have booked and paid in full for 6 nights at the beach Club park Hopper and dining for $4196 now they are offering the same package aand dates for $1000 less !! I cannot ring them for 7 hrs as over the other side of the eaeth. Eill they let me cancel existing reswervation and make a new one. ie refund the $4196 ans then recharge me the $3200.

I booked too earlyIi never learn (I am ringing them in 7 hours):guilty:

I believe once you call them and apply the discount they should be able to apply the credit back on to your card. I'm not positive but i believe thats how it works. If you cancel if you got the insurance you recieve everything back but the insurance money, somebody can correct me if i'm wrong on any of this.

momof4minnies 01-05-2013 12:46 AM

It is also my understanding that they will reimburse the difference IF the room you already have booked is still available under the discount code. Good luck!:thumbsup2

Wendi 01-05-2013 12:50 AM

What dates and what promo did you get to save that much if you don't mind me asking?
:cool1:

gregpso 01-05-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendi (Post 47087219)
What dates and what promo did you get to save that much if you don't mind me asking?
:cool1:

May 12 6 nights.

New Discounts Released for Walt Disney World Today! - Save on travel this spring and save up to 30% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays, most nights between February 18 - March 23 and April 2 - June 14, 2013. Save even more with a vacation package that includes a minimum 4-day or longer Magic Your Way ticket for every person in your party at a discounted price. Visit our Walt Disney World Discount page for

gregpso 01-05-2013 01:02 AM

thanks
 
Thanks for the reply when I ring in 5 hrs time I will let you how I went. I think it will be right as you can cancel a reservation and then book again (I hope)

gregpso 01-05-2013 06:48 AM

they did it the discount
 
Just got off the phone (after 40 minute wait) but YES they discounted the reservation and as we had paid in full we are getting back $899 from a $4100 payment. No change in reservation number or anything.

I love Disney !! last time in sept 2010 free dining now 2013 $899 back off money we thought was gone. As we say in Australia

You bloody beauty !!!! ONYA (means good on you)

Thanks for your help

Greg:cool1:

Kimberle 01-05-2013 09:43 AM

Next time you might want to consider a good Disney travel agent. They will apply the code to your reservation for you. I'm going in April and used a Dreams Unlimited TA. I got an email from my TA the morning the code came out that she saved me another $506. (When I booked, she saved me $500 by applying an AAA code.) I was at work and didn't even realise a code had come out this week. :cool1:

I also don't pay in full until just before the due date. I have a extra savings account. Month by month, I transfer the money here. I don't use this account for any other purpose. Then, I pay just before the due date.

momof4minnies 01-05-2013 01:20 PM

Greg, So glad to hear it worked out for you:goodvibes!

MinnieLovesMickey12 01-05-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberle (Post 47089208)
Next time you might want to consider a good Disney travel agent. They will apply the code to your reservation for you. I'm going in April and used a Dreams Unlimited TA. I got an email from my TA the morning the code came out that she saved me another $506. (When I booked, she saved me $500 by applying an AAA code.) I was at work and didn't even realise a code had come out this week. :cool1:

I also don't pay in full until just before the due date. I have a extra savings account. Month by month, I transfer the money here. I don't use this account for any other purpose. Then, I pay just before the due date.

Disney doesn't allow you to stack multiple discounts. SO you either saved $500 with the AAA code or you saved $500 by the new promo code but there is no way she was able to give you both on the same reservation.

I specifically asked our AAA agent and she confirmed that NO you cannot stack discounts. You have to pick one or the other.

Mousemommy1 01-05-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 (Post 47091223)
Disney doesn't allow you to stack multiple discounts. SO you either saved $500 with the AAA code or you saved $500 by the new promo code but there is no way she was able to give you both on the same reservation.

I specifically asked our AAA agent and she confirmed that NO you cannot stack discounts. You have to pick one or the other.

You are correct in that you can't stack discounts...but,

I think the poster was saying that she initially booked with a AAA discount saving $500 but when the spring discount came out, the TA applied that instead and she ended saving a total of $1006.

I'm sure she saved more because the spring discount would have been much better than the AAA discount.

Kimberle 01-05-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 (Post 47091223)
Disney doesn't allow you to stack multiple discounts. SO you either saved $500 with the AAA code or you saved $500 by the new promo code but there is no way she was able to give you both on the same reservation.

I specifically asked our AAA agent and she confirmed that NO you cannot stack discounts. You have to pick one or the other.

OK, I never said anything about stacking discounts. First I had the AAA, then switched to the 30% off code.

gregpso 01-05-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof4minnies (Post 47090988)
Greg, So glad to hear it worked out for you:goodvibes!


Thanks momof4 minnies that extra $899 will make all the difference with spending money/ going new York vegas Disneyland and disneyworld.



Appears the best advice is if you are not going in peak seasons book later when discounts come out. I think I would use dreams unlimited next time by all reports they are excellent and take care of things like free dining ect for you.

NHKristy76 01-06-2013 06:38 AM

I would not recommend Dreams...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.