The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2014 Alaskan Cruise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041451)

tiarasandcrowns 01-04-2013 01:57 PM

2014 Alaskan Cruise

When will we able to book the 2014 Alalskan cruise? Anybody aware of the opening dates for this?

Thanks so much.

Ashleyfaz 01-04-2013 02:11 PM

I'd like to know too.

PrincessShmoo 01-04-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiarasandcrowns (Post 47080724)
When will we able to book the 2014 Alalskan cruise? Anybody aware of the opening dates for this?

Thanks so much.

At this time Alaska hasn't been annouced/confirmed for 2014.

:cutie:

AquaDame 01-04-2013 03:37 PM

Do y'all think it will leave from Seattle again..? Moving our one in June to next year would be nice, but I'd much rather sail from Vancouver. :rolleyes1

bahacca 01-04-2013 03:39 PM

People here have been guessing that the Wonder will have dry dock summer of 2014. If that is the case, I'm not sure if the Magic would take Alaska or if DCL would skip the 2014 season in Alaska. I'm considering 2014 for AK as well, but at the moment, I'm not banking on DCL being an option. Hopefully I'm wrong and I can put them back in the running again.

PrincessShmoo 01-04-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaDame (Post 47081925)
Do y'all think it will leave from Seattle again..? Moving our one in June to next year would be nice, but I'd much rather sail from Vancouver. :rolleyes1

I'm not sure about this one. They had some problems with using Seattle (with the B2B at the beginning & end of the season). No way of knowing right now what DCL is doing.

PrincessShmoo 01-04-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahacca (Post 47081950)
People here have been guessing that the Wonder will have dry dock summer of 2014. If that is the case, I'm not sure if the Magic would take Alaska or if DCL would skip the 2014 season in Alaska. I'm considering 2014 for AK as well, but at the moment, I'm not banking on DCL being an option. Hopefully I'm wrong and I can put them back in the running again.

Dry dock generally only lasts 2 weeks. No reason they couldn't still have an Alaska season. The Wonder did her last drydock in Vancouver before (or after, I can't remember) that particular Alaska season.

DL1957 01-04-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Dry dock generally only lasts 2 weeks. No reason they couldn't still have an Alaska season. The Wonder did her last drydock in Vancouver before (or after, I can't remember) that particular Alaska season.

Unless they plan a long one like Magic is having this year which is between 4 & 6 weeks.

lbgraves 01-04-2013 04:38 PM

Which is why it would make complete sense for the Magic to move to the west coast in 2014 while the Wonder goes to the Med and has the same drydock upgrades being planned for the Magic this year. Of course, we all know that not much DCL does makes sense. ;)

Luv2Diz 01-04-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

I'm hoping for Alaska out of Seattle in 2014! Flying to Vancouver is expensive and driving to Vancouver for us adds on a few hours of driving each way plus the hassle of crossing the border.

tiarasandcrowns 01-04-2013 05:28 PM

I also want it to be from Seattle. it docks in Vancouver anyway and we can go around Vancouver then But flying to VC is def more expensive.Just wish i can book soon and make use of early bird prices. 2013 Alaskan cruises are like 9K already in July!

MellieluvsDisney 01-04-2013 06:02 PM

Also waiting for the Alaskan cruise, but hopefully from Vancouver. :thumbsup2

lesabrowning 01-04-2013 06:13 PM

We did the DCL Alaska cruise that went Seattle to Vancouver this past September. Word from the crew seemed to suggest that 2014 and beyond would have Disney doing Alaska out of Vancouver. Of course they only "suggested" this but it was reportedly stated by many that they were not leaving Alaska any time soon.

I sure hope it is true because we hope to do Alaska agin in 2014 : )

sayhello 01-04-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

I don't think it's likely. Vancouver is the preferred departure for them, from what I heard, the Seattle year was because they couldn't get into Vancouver for that year. Sailing from Seattle makes for a much rougher trip, and causes much shorter port times (to fit the stop in Victoria in).

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiarasandcrowns (Post 47083025)
I also want it to be from Seattle. it docks in Vancouver anyway and we can go around Vancouver then But flying to VC is def more expensive.Just wish i can book soon and make use of early bird prices. 2013 Alaskan cruises are like 9K already in July!

The Seattle itinerary did not dock in Vancouver (the city on the mainland). It docked on Vancouver Island, in Victoria.

Sayhello

lesabrowning 01-04-2013 06:30 PM

We did the DCL Alaska cruise that went Seattle to Vancouver this past September. Word from the crew seemed to suggest that 2014 and beyond would have Disney doing Alaska out of Vancouver. Of course they only "suggested" this but it was reportedly stated by many that they were not leaving Alaska any time soon.

I sure hope it is true because we hope to do Alaska agin in 2014 : )