The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Seafood retaurants? Any suggestions in epcot? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041244)

trewin 01-04-2013 09:41 AM

Seafood retaurants? Any suggestions in epcot?

Does anybody have a suggestion of a good table service restaurant in one of the countries in Epcot? Also- does any body know if any of the table service restaurants serve seafood?! (Anywhere)
I'm basically clueless about the restaurants. Last time we went to wdw we got the quick service meal plan.

Spunky946 01-04-2013 10:00 AM

Our last trip we ate at Coral Reef in Epcot and that was really good. We have not eaten at any of the table services in Epcot.

For fish restaurants we are trying Flying fish and Cape may dinner for our next trip in 2 weeks. I'm very excited.

princessallegra 01-04-2013 10:05 AM

Blue Zoo is supposedly the best seafood on property. We haven't eaten there yet. We love Flying Fish for seafood, as well as Citricos.

TinkandGoofy'sMom 01-04-2013 10:16 AM

Coral Reef in Epcot, Flying Fish at Boardwalk, Cape May Cafe at Beach Club, Fulton's at Downtown Disney. Flying Fish and Cape May are walking distance from Epcot. Check out the menus at allears.net to see what appeals to you. Most of the other restaurants will have a seafood/fish dish on the menu too, such as salmon.

trewin 01-04-2013 11:08 AM

Thanks!!!!

Quin 01-04-2013 11:29 AM

I believe every TS restaurant has at least 1 fish/seafood entree option.

Many people point to Coral Reef, but while they do also have 1-2 seafood dishes on the menu, to me Coral Reef is where you go to WATCH the fishes. Cape May Cafe (non-character buffet dinner) is where you go to EAT the fishes. Buffet includes multiple seafood items including endless crab legs. Yum!

disnmooner2013 01-04-2013 11:33 AM

I would choose Bluezoo or Flying Fish over Coral Reef. Altohugh, Bluezoo and Flying Fish are not in Epcot, Bluezoo is at the Dolphin, and Flying Fish is at the Boardwalk both just short walks from World Showcase. I would choose these two over Coral Reef, as you will get more consistent good meals, as to where Coral Reef is more of a toss up. My choice would be Bluezoo though not on the Dining Plan. Listed below is a link for the menus of these restaurants so you can see the different menus.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...dw/menus.shtml

bcrook 01-04-2013 12:04 PM

On Friday nights the garden grove at the swan has a seafood buffet. They have characters also. It is a short boat ride away.

Pakey 01-04-2013 12:12 PM

Bluezoo is definitely the best at WDW, especially if you are looking for a quiet adult romantic dinner.

Flying Fish has some decent dishes but not at the level of bluezoo. However, it does provide a nicer family dining venue.

Cape May is a buffet with decent quality buffet food. It's not a signature experience but the food is plentiful.

Coral Reef is very hit and miss. The menu is pretty limited these days. I have found some of the entrees to be good and some not so good. If you do decide to choose Coral Reef, I recommend the earliest lunch reservation when the place first opens. You usually get decent service at that time. Any other time is a toss-up.

minnie mum 01-04-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trewin (Post 47077272)
Does anybody have a suggestion of a good table service restaurant in one of the countries in Epcot? Also- does any body know if any of the table service restaurants serve seafood?! (Anywhere)
I'm basically clueless about the restaurants. Last time we went to wdw we got the quick service meal plan.

In addition to the PP's advice-

If you would like to do a little research on your own so that you will have some idea of what is served at the various restaurants, then I would really recommend that you also spend a bit of time over at allears.net. They list every restaurant at WDW and provide a menu. The official WDW website used to be pretty good at having a menu listing for each of their restaurants, but the site is pretty useless right now. You can also look up restaurants and menus here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm (under the dining tab at the top of this page).

artemis908 01-04-2013 04:19 PM

Just know that Bluezoo isn't on the DDP. I also would recommend Narccossee's (Grand Floridian) and Fulton Crab House (Downtown Disney).

apentney 01-04-2013 04:24 PM

I've heard good things about that place

partigus 01-04-2013 11:55 PM

depends on what you want...

seafood is a broad term....bluezoo offers cutting edge quinine, flying fish a bit less haute, but still high end. Agree that Coral reef is hit or miss, but great atmosphere. Most of the buffets offer salmon, and cape may throws in clams, mussels, etc. there is also a friday night seafood bufet at the garden grove in the swan. Both french restraunts offer seafood dishes, and don't forget sushi at either Kimonos in the swan, or teppan edo that also has a great tempanyaki (i know i spelled that wrong) grill with shrip and scallops available

anelson81993 01-05-2013 12:06 AM

For good seafood near Epcot, as a lot of others have suggested I'd go with Cape May Cafe.
For good food in a country in Epcot, I asked my family, who ate at three restaurants in the World Showcase this last November (as I personally have never eaten at a World Showcase table service restaurant). They recommended San Angel Inn or Tutto Italia, but didn't really like Via Napoli.

Uncleromulus 01-05-2013 06:26 AM

As others have suggested, Coral reef is about the only seafood spot in Epcot.

Better seafood at Flying Fish or Blue Zoo--both within walking distance of Epcot.