The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Torn on what to do (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041231)

randy2005 01-04-2013 08:22 AM

Torn on what to do

Right now I have a package booked for AoA Little Mermaid room end of August with park tickets and dining plan for $3650.00.

I was going to save money and stay off site saving about $1500.00

I can book the Beach Club (my dream place to stay) with park tickets but no dining plan for $2600.00.

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks

Marla1106 01-04-2013 08:24 AM

I'd go with BC and no dinning plan. I think I can eat cheaper at Disney without the dinning plan. I looked up menus of places we are likely to eat, and priced what a few meals will cost us.

But, we don't do any character meals or anything like that. My boys like the characters but are content to wave at them. :)

sydneysmom 01-04-2013 08:29 AM

If you added dining to the BC reservation, wouldn't the price be about the same as what you were paying at AOA? Personally, I'd go w/ the BC. You can literally walk (or boat) to Epcot, take the boat to HS. You've cut taking buses to 2 parks. You also have alot more freedom to do more things at night within walking distance. If you've got park hoppers, you can walk through Epcot and take the monorail to MK. (or snack around the world for meals....) there are limitless options! :goodvibes

randy2005 01-04-2013 08:33 AM

With this discount you can not add the dining plan on which is ok. I priced out the Beach Club and park tickets on the website and it was $4427.78 so a huge discount. I am really tempted to book it

Mama Moose 01-04-2013 08:44 AM

Stay at your dream resort.
If you like to eat at a lot of the pricier places, buy a TiW discount card and save 20% on your food costs and order what you want and not what Disney tells you to.
Have fun!!

mickeynut1 01-04-2013 08:51 AM

I agree with the others to book the BC. The BC is a beautiful resort and you can't beat being within walking distance to both Epcot and DHS.

jollygreengirl 01-04-2013 08:52 AM

Definitely BC. It'll be a completely different trip for you. We have been to WDW numerous times and have only done the DDP once. IMO BC with no DDP is a better deal. Anyway, you will adore BC. The pool alone makes it the clear winner, let alone the awesome location. I have stayed in that area twice and it's really, really fabulous. Walking through World Showcase in the morning before the crowds is so beautiful and a totally difference experience than the rest of the day.

MyOtherSS 01-04-2013 08:52 AM

Go for the Beach Club, I've always wanted to stay at a boardwalk resort because of the convenience of Epcot and Hollywood studios. You can probably eat cheaper without the dining plan if you watch the prices. You only go around once go for your dream resort!

dansdad 01-04-2013 08:54 AM

BC all the way for the same reasons already mentioned.:cool1:

randy2005 01-04-2013 09:05 AM

Thanks everyone. I am going to book the Beach Club and we will just pay for our meals out of pocket. Can I get the TiW card if I don't live in FL? I thought it was for FL residents only

dansdad 01-04-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy2005 (Post 47077523)
Thanks everyone. I am going to book the Beach Club and we will just pay for our meals out of pocket. Can I get the TiW card if I don't live in FL? I thought it was for FL residents only

According to their website, you have to be a FL resident, an annual/season pass holder or a DVC member.

randy2005 01-04-2013 09:23 AM

Just cancelled AoA package and booked BC. So very excited. Doing the happy dance :cool1:

TigrLvsPooh 01-04-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy2005 (Post 47077083)
Right now I have a package booked for AoA Little Mermaid room end of August with park tickets and dining plan for $3650.00.

I was going to save money and stay off site saving about $1500.00

I can book the Beach Club (my dream place to stay) with park tickets but no dining plan for $2600.00.

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks

Definitely Beach Club with no dining plan. We have done the dining plan many, many times and I really don't think it saves money. We tend to eat too much, practically force feeding ourselves to get the most food for the price, stuffing dessert in when we really don't have room for it. Then end up walking around miserably stuffed and too full to have all the great treats around the parks. My kids have to order adult meals, which they barely eat, so that is more food waste for us. My 11 year old is much happier with Mickey shaped macaroni and cheese. Also I feel the single table service restaurant food quality is mediocre at best for the price you pay. We still eat at these restaurants, but often splitting entrees and having the kids eat off the kids menu. I like to save room for a Dole Whip or something from the Karamel Kuche!!! :goodvibes If you want the benefit of pre-paying for meals just buy some disney gift cards from time to time and stick them in an envelope. By the time you get ready to go on your trip you'll have a nice little chunk of money saved up for food.

The Beach Club is a fantastic resort! One of my favorites! Awesome pools, super close to Epcot, tons of great places to eat, nice night time atmosphere, I would highly recommend it! :thumbsup2

TigrLvsPooh 01-04-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy2005 (Post 47077711)
Just cancelled AoA package and booked BC. So very excited. Doing the happy dance :cool1:

Good decision! :thumbsup2

El Perro 01-04-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy2005 (Post 47077711)

You did the right thing. :D