The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   POFQ Rocks! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040976)

AppleSister1 01-03-2013 06:14 PM

POFQ Rocks!
 
I am a deluxe girl. Our fav thus far has been Yacht Club. However....FQ is our new fav....period!!! LOVE this resort. Small, peaceful, fun...and great transportation. Nephews loved as well. We even did the bounce back, which we've never done before.

spiceycat 01-03-2013 06:22 PM

understand - happen to love POR myself

Liberator 01-03-2013 06:28 PM

Haven't stayed there, but it looks very nice to me.

The most positive thing for me is that the property is not too widespread. And the rooms almost look deluxe on the pictures, besides the fact that they have those motel-doors.

Are you still there at the moment?
Hope you enjoy/enjoyed your vacation :thumbsup2

Greetings from Germany

AppleSister1 01-03-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberator (Post 47072441)
Haven't stayed there, but it looks very nice to me.

The most positive thing for me is that the property is not too widespread. And the rooms almost look deluxe on the pictures, besides the fact that they have those motel-doors.

Are you still there at the moment?
Hope you enjoy/enjoyed your vacation :thumbsup2

Greetings from Germany

I returned last night. Very intimate resort...even the farthest-flung buildings are close to the main buildings/transportation. Lovely and peaceful, and nice rooms, altho smaller than deluxe. I found my room to be completely acceptable tho. There's no table-service restaurant, and of course as you say the corridors are outdoor, but other than that, it felt very high-end to me. It's lovely, and very, very peaceful, which we like in a resort. Most of the time, the busses were for FQ only, which was great. Excellent transportation.

katrina1122 01-03-2013 06:56 PM

We are POFQ converts too. We just passed up greater savings with the new code at POR to stay at POFQ because we like it so much. POR was too big for us.

conan979 01-03-2013 07:07 PM

Love this one too. My kids are amazed by the LED fireworks in the royal rooms and the big red wheel. And regarding food, the make your own pasta in a box is my fav food on disney property. We've been know to come from other resorts just to have the pasta. Yummy!

mlittig 01-03-2013 09:27 PM

French Quarter is a gorgeous, awesome resort :love:

tink2 01-03-2013 09:47 PM

POFQ is our favorite resort- we LOVE it!!! However, we are staying at POR in June- the discount was double the savings at POR and with 3 rooms and a group of 11- that's too much $$ to pass up. While we love POR, POFQ is by far our favorite. Hoping for a room close to the food court with POR..... put in our request. That's a big plus for POFQ- very small and not long walks to anything

Sue M 01-03-2013 10:02 PM

Awesome! We usually. Stay at POR when we stay moderate, but booked FQ for this trip, arriving in 20 days. Can't wait.

AppleSister1 01-05-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 47074831)
Awesome! We usually. Stay at POR when we stay moderate, but booked FQ for this trip, arriving in 20 days. Can't wait.

I think you'll love it. Very peaceful and intimate, and great CMs. :thumbsup2

5bound4wdw 01-05-2013 02:24 PM

Always wanted to try POR but being a family of five that usually stays in delux I am weary. :confused3 My kids are 11, 7, and 6. Will the room really fit all of us???

dansdad 01-05-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5bound4wdw
Always wanted to try POR but being a family of five that usually stays in delux I am weary. :confused3 My kids are 11, 7, and 6. Will the room really fit all of us???

Yup! As long as 2 of the kids can share a queen bed, the smallest one can use the murphy bed.

Mousemommy1 01-05-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5bound4wdw (Post 47091580)
Always wanted to try POR but being a family of five that usually stays in delux I am weary. :confused3 My kids are 11, 7, and 6. Will the room really fit all of us???

POR and POFQ are two different resorts, and POR is large and spread out. Families of 5 stay in Alligator Bayou and some of those buildings can be really far out.

AppleSister1 01-05-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5bound4wdw (Post 47091580)
Always wanted to try POR but being a family of five that usually stays in delux I am weary. :confused3 My kids are 11, 7, and 6. Will the room really fit all of us???

Yep, as PP said, these are two different "sister" resorts, meaning you can walk to the other one, and use their facilities (pools, etc.) But I specifically loved POFQ because of it's smaller size....walked over to POR a few times and it looked lovely but was HUGE. Christmas morning was something of a madhouse, compared to the calm at FQ. We shared busses only once, and POR has multiple, spread out bus stops, while FQ has only one.

POR looks lovely! But it's not as peaceful or serene or compact as FQ. :thumbsup2

5bound4wdw 01-06-2013 12:36 PM

From the pics on the web I like the look of the POFQ better than POR. But if it means the difference of staying home or staying in a moderate....I'll put up with the huge property and "laid back" decor! Thanks for the info:goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.