The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Four Nights as Good as Seven? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040944)

BreauCat 01-03-2013 05:03 PM

Four Nights as Good as Seven?

We are in the countdown for our second Disney cruise - sailing on the Dream March 4, 2013. We did our first cruise with DCL in 2011 on the Magic and absolutely loved it - so much so, that I'm not sure why we didn't book another while on board. That is something we will certainly do this time - book our third cruise for 2014 before we disembark. I'm enjoying all the prep for this upcoming cruise -especially the Fish Extender gifts I'm planning and making. I am a bit apprehensive, though - our first cruise was 7 nights and I felt we had the opportunity to do most everything we wanted to do while on board. Because of scheduling, we are doing a 4 night cruise this time and I'm worried we may be disappointed with the duration of this cruise. :idea: I guess that will be incentive to book a third cruise::yes:: Anyone else cruised with a shorter itinerary after doing a longer one?

Ipaythemouse 02-04-2013 12:54 PM

We have taken several 4 and 3 day Cruises after the 7 and 10 day Cruises. Each Cruise has its Magic and what you make of it. Our scheduels have changed ove the years with our childern getting older and I love any vacation we can take together. The 4 day cruises we took on the Wonder had plenty of time to have fun and enjoy!

MikeAndNick 02-04-2013 01:18 PM

I believe it is all in the expectations. We did the transatlantic cruise that was 14 days and at the end no one was ready to get to land. The 7 consecutive sea days were great and very relaxing. I have also done the 3 days and it was great to expose my son to cruising. I think if you go in with the expectation that it is different you will love it.

Justacruiser 02-06-2013 09:52 AM

It will all be up to you and your expectations. If you set out to do ALL things, you might be disappointed. Of course a 7-day is going to provide you with the opportunity to do more. Just remember that the thousands of cruisers with you are trying to get everything done within the 4-days. I enjoy watching cruisers rushing around trying to get it all in......

Relax and enjoy the 4-days and rebook on board!

Enjoy

micheledb49 02-07-2013 12:39 PM

I had the same feelings and we decided to book the 4 instead of the 6 this time around. Sometimes I get itchy to get home after about 4 days... so hopefully we made the right decision too. It was tough b/c the 6 night was only a couple hundred dollars more...

auntie 03-27-2013 06:59 AM

I couldn't really comment as to which is better for your family, as we've only taken a four day. That being said, we are taking a five day for our next cruise. Our thinking is; it's obviously longer than a four day which did feel a little short. However, it still gives us some time before or after the cruise to do other things. A few days in Disney World or a trip to the Gulf coast (our favorite!):beach:

luvslikepi 03-27-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreauCat (Post 47071555)
We are in the countdown for our second Disney cruise - sailing on the Dream March 4, 2013. We did our first cruise with DCL in 2011 on the Magic and absolutely loved it - so much so, that I'm not sure why we didn't book another while on board. That is something we will certainly do this time - book our third cruise for 2014 before we disembark. I'm enjoying all the prep for this upcoming cruise -especially the Fish Extender gifts I'm planning and making. I am a bit apprehensive, though - our first cruise was 7 nights and I felt we had the opportunity to do most everything we wanted to do while on board. Because of scheduling, we are doing a 4 night cruise this time and I'm worried we may be disappointed with the duration of this cruise. :idea: I guess that will be incentive to book a third cruise::yes:: Anyone else cruised with a shorter itinerary after doing a longer one?

I prefer longer but I always like the longer vacations.

DinoRex 04-01-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvslikepi (Post 47925700)
I prefer longer but I always like the longer vacations.

I agree. Longer is better, but it really depends on the amount of vacation time available.