The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Sea World / Discovery Cove (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   2nd Day st Sea World? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040681)

Luis Rodriguez 01-03-2013 10:06 AM

2nd Day st Sea World?

Hi all,

Last time I went to Sea World (2008) they allowed you to visit for a 2nd day free, for the cost of a regular (1 day) ticket. Is this still valid?

Thanks in advance,

Luis

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 01-03-2013 10:22 AM

That promotion ended this past fall.

You can purchase a "fun card" instead which is the same price as a one day admission ($89) but allows you to visit an unlimited amount of days in 2013.

Luis Rodriguez 01-03-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
That promotion ended this past fall.

You can purchase a "fun card" instead which is the same price as a one day admission ($89) but allows you to visit an unlimited amount of days in 2013.

Gina,
Thanks for your answer. It's somewhat more expensive as you can't buy it online ($89 vs $79), but still a good deal for a two day visit...

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Sent from my HTC One S using DISBoards

angelmom27 01-03-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis Rodriguez

Gina,
Thanks for your answer. It's somewhat more expensive as you can't buy it online ($89 vs $79), but still a good deal for a two day visit...

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

You can buy fun cards online. That is how I purchased my cards for the kids.

Luis Rodriguez 01-03-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmom27

You can buy fun cards online. That is how I purchased my cards for the kids.

Angelmom,
Thanks for the info. Sea World's mobile web site shows fun cards with an "at the gate" tag, hence my original comment. Will check it out as soon as I get home.

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

angelmom27 01-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis Rodriguez

Angelmom,
Thanks for the info. Sea World's mobile web site shows fun cards with an "at the gate" tag, hence my original comment. Will check it out as soon as I get home.

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Hmm well hope it works out.

Luis Rodriguez 01-04-2013 10:04 AM

Just to update the thread: I contacted Sea World and they told that the 2nd day free option had to be bought ($10 per ticket) at the Vacation Experience Center, near the Sea Lion and Otter Stadium (inside the park).

Regards,

---
Luis Rodríguez

dec2009mama 01-04-2013 12:28 PM

Hi,

Just want to confirm -- if I buy a one day pass and while at SW decide I want to go back for a second day I can upgrade for $10 to the fun pass somewhere within the park?

This would be great since I dont know if we want to do one or two days!

Luis Rodriguez 01-04-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dec2009mama
Hi,

Just want to confirm -- if I buy a one day pass and while at SW decide I want to go back for a second day I can upgrade for $10 to the fun pass somewhere within the park?

This would be great since I dont know if we want to do one or two days!

That's right. You can buy your ticket either at the gate ($89) or online ($79) and, once inside the park, if you wish to do so, you can buy the 2nd day option (to be used in the next seven days).

Regards,

---
Luis Rodríguez

autigger 01-29-2013 08:28 AM

I called and asked Sea World about adding a day to the “Kids Play Free Package” and the customer service person told me that for ten dollars ($10) per person we could add a second day. I specifically asked if we could add the second day to our kids’ “free” ticket and she said yes.

Has anyone done this before? Is this information correct?

angelmom27 01-29-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autigger
I called and asked Sea World about adding a day to the “Kids Play Free Package” and the customer service person told me that for ten dollars ($10) per person we could add a second day. I specifically asked if we could add the second day to our kids’ “free” ticket and she said yes.

Has anyone done this before? Is this information correct?

yes you just have to pay the $10. The first ticket fee is waived because of the promo but to get the 2nd day you have to pay for it. They won't know the difference between a paid childs ticket or a free one. They are all the same and you don't show your receipt when adding the 2nd day. You just go to GS and say you want to add a 2nd day.

autigger 01-29-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmom27 (Post 47343621)
yes you just have to pay the $10. The first ticket fee is waived because of the promo but to get the 2nd day you have to pay for it. They won't know the difference between a paid childs ticket or a free one. They are all the same and you don't show your receipt when adding the 2nd day. You just go to GS and say you want to add a 2nd day.

Thank you for the helpful response! We will do the upgrade on our adult tickets and our kids' "free" tickets.

temom 01-29-2013 10:58 AM

Great tip

What a great tip
When are doing the Free dining deal for canadians on the first day and then we can decide if we need the 2nd day when we are at the park. :thumbsup2Thanks Everyone

2Pirates2Princesses 01-29-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmom27

Thank you for posting this tip. We are strongly considering booking the kids free package and I know that if we go we will want a second day in the park.

Nellas Elensar 01-29-2013 05:35 PM

Any chance that they'll reinstate the 2nd day free program???