The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cabanas? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040408)

cynzilla 01-02-2013 08:21 PM

Cabanas?

Hi, just wondering at the Deluxe resorts,

-which ones have cabanas? I know GF, but there are none at BC/YC! (Did I read that right?)

- Is there any "renting/reserving chairs or an umbrella" at any resorts like at Typhoon Lagoon?:beach: thanks:wave2:

Pakey 01-02-2013 08:34 PM

Typhoon has chair/umbrella rental and beach comber shacks (like a cabana). I've done the shacks a few times but not the chair/umbrellas.

Pakey 01-02-2013 08:35 PM

And Disney's Epcot area resorts do not have cabanas.

cynzilla 01-03-2013 12:08 AM

I guess I should have said, do any of the resorts have a system like at Typhoon Lagoon, a guaranteed paid umbrella.

Do the monorail ones have cabanas?

Do Wilderness and AK have cabanas?

runner_princess 01-03-2013 08:17 AM

Poly does, and they are great!

MinnieGirl33 01-03-2013 08:24 AM

CR does.

bumbershoot 01-03-2013 11:02 PM

Do you have to be staying at the resort in order to rent a cabana? Might be a silly question, but I don't know the answer, so....

Thanks!

JJsmama 01-03-2013 11:32 PM

I was just looking up this question and was hoping they were available at BC too. There apparently are 4 of them at the CR pool, but I don't think we really would use it much there.

MinnieGirl33 01-04-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumbershoot (Post 47074828)
Do you have to be staying at the resort in order to rent a cabana? Might be a silly question, but I don't know the answer, so....

Thanks!

Since pool hopping is not allowed (with the exception of DVC members) I would say yes, you have to be a resort guest in order to utilize that resorts cabana.

ETA Here's the official word:

Your Own Poolside Palace
Book a beachside cabana at select Resort hotels for a relaxing day or fun-filled evening by the pool.

Enjoy the exclusive use of a shaded oasis equipped with virtually everything you could want for a half day, full day or evening.

Cabanas can be rented by Guests of the following Walt Disney World Resort hotels:

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Polynesian Resort

Guests must be staying at the Disney Resort hotel where the cabana is located and will need to present a room key at time of cabana check-in. One Guest in the party must be at least 18 years old.

Cabana rentals may be cancelled by the Resort hotel due to inclement weather, but Guests will not be penalized in this case. Otherwise, 24 hours' notice must be given. Please be aware that the full price of your cabana will be forfeited in the event of no-shows or same-day cancellations.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabanas/

dansdad 01-04-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumbershoot (Post 47074828)

Thanks!

Yes. The resort pools are only for resort guests.

cjsm&d 01-04-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansdad (Post 47078317)
Yes. The resort pools are only for resort guests.

Just to play devil's advocate, because I don't know the answer. Aren't the cabanas for the beach area of the resorts? And those areas are not reserved for just resort guest?

Just asking?

Allison 01-04-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjsm&d (Post 47078987)
Just to play devil's advocate, because I don't know the answer. Aren't the cabanas for the beach area of the resorts? And those areas are not reserved for just resort guest?

Just asking?

Post #9 shows the rules per Disney which states it is just for a resort guest.

dansdad 01-04-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjsm&d (Post 47078987)

Just asking?

I have only seen the cabanas that can be reserved ahead of time at the pools.

Jabba20000 01-23-2013 11:57 AM

Does anyone know the cost of the cabanas at the GF and do you prepay for them. Also what is in each cabana? Considering this for an off park day on our trip this fall.

AppleSister1 01-23-2013 02:11 PM

In terms of the water parks, both TL and BB have cabanas avail AND also umbrella lounges. I'd book them in advance, if you can. WDW-PLAY.