The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What A Sad, Boring Place (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040096)

jvptravels 01-02-2013 11:41 AM

What A Sad, Boring Place

I remember a time when the Disney Rumors and News board was very active and even fun. Those days are long gone. This board has become a bit of a graveyard for threads and topics that people aren't interested in anymore. What happened to this place and all the people who used to participate and make it fun?

CanadianGuy 01-02-2013 12:42 PM

I still read.. but I rarely participate anymore.. and yes you're right.. it just ceased to be fun.

vandy 01-02-2013 02:55 PM

Maybe there is a lack of true imagineers for us to talk about.

disneyworld1977 01-02-2013 03:32 PM

I can start some rumors if you like. :cool1:

mbrittb00 01-02-2013 04:18 PM

One problem is that this forum is read a lot less than say the Theme Park Stradegies forum, so may people will simply post there to get more exposure.

Another problem is that so often I've seen people get attacked for having an opinion on a rumor. The attackers will say something like "don't complain about something that isn't official yet", or "why don't we all just wait until it is official before we complain", etc. Getting attacked for having an opinion get old after a while.

beer dave 01-02-2013 04:23 PM

The problem is that with all the people on this site, we find out about almost any new project about 3 years before it opens. That gives us 3 years to beat it to death. The last real surprise I remember was the announcement of Avatar land, and most people on here seem to hate it. I'm all for any addition or improvement.

If Disney would do more things, we would have something to discuss other than thi fact that they do not do a lot of new things.

beer dave 01-02-2013 04:26 PM

agreed on being talked down to.

KateB 01-02-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbrittb00
One problem is that this forum is read a lot less than say the Theme Park Stradegies forum, so may people will simply post there to get more exposure.

Another problem is that so often I've seen people get attacked for having an opinion on a rumor. The attackers will say something like "don't complain about something that isn't official yet", or "why don't we all just wait until it is official before we complain", etc. Getting attacked for having an opinion get old after a while.

I absolutely agree. I posted something months back that I have heard from relatives who live in TN about disney buying land near Dollywood and I was ripped apart. It made it so that I didn't really care to post again (until now).

jvptravels 01-02-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateB

I absolutely agree. I posted something months back that I have heard from relatives who live in TN about disney buying land near Dollywood and I was ripped apart. It made it so that I didn't really care to post again (until now).

It's called "Rumors and News" for a reason. Obviously yours was a rumor. I've seen the kind of threads you're talking about. Some people think rumors must be fact-based. If that was the case, they wouldn't be rumors.

I miss the days when people like YoHo, All Aboard, Exdsvet, Dancing Bear and others kept it real with their vast knowledge of all things Disney. They weren't just fans. They knew what they were talking about. And they didn't need to google everything to get the info they shared.

mrsR123 01-02-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvptravels (Post 47062111)
I miss the days when people like YoHo, All Aboard, Exdsvet, Dancing Bear and others kept it real with their vast knowledge of all things Disney. They weren't just fans. They knew what they were talking about. And they didn't need to google everything to get the info they shared.

I'll bet they'd be glad to be remembered.
But don't forget the Baron. ;)

cheese5 01-02-2013 10:28 PM

I just need to be there more often so that I can find out the new rumors!

johnnycake 01-02-2013 11:06 PM

I agree I just got a new account as I lost my user id. As I posted something about what I heard from a relative soon as I posted that rumor I got of response that was insulting. There are some very respectful posters still on the rumor boards such as figment, skier pete, locked out of logic that r respectful. Even as of later you see them less and less. My thoughts lets have fun with this board and ignore the vermin.

DVC-Landbaron 01-02-2013 11:07 PM

Thanks!!!

It's nice to be remembered. And that was like ten years ago. You have a good memory. But you forgot Walt's Frozen Head and the one and only Disney-guru: Another Voice!!

Ah! The good old days!!! There was a time when it was only me and Yoho on this board. No other members at all. Conversations took weeks. And then the pixie dust crowd took over and... Anyway, thanks again!!

Sweettears 01-02-2013 11:19 PM

As a relative new comer to the DIS but not Disney my thoughts are that I would appreciate hearing from all of you "old timers". I appreciate the discussion, speculation and anticipation about all things Disney rather than the bickering over trivial issues.

mrsR123 01-03-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron (Post 47063861)
Thanks!!!

It's nice to be remembered. And that was like ten years ago. You have a good memory. But you forgot Walt's Frozen Head and the one and only Disney-guru: Another Voice!!

Ah! The good old days!!! There was a time when it was only me and Yoho on this board. No other members at all. Conversations took weeks. And then the pixie dust crowd took over and... Anyway, thanks again!!

You're welcome, and I do miss AV, too. And Mike and Sara, well, you get the picture...