The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   boarding day lunch (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039625)

WDW Enabler 01-01-2013 03:42 PM

boarding day lunch

We leave on the Fantasy on Sat. This will be the first on the new ship. We can't decide where to eat on boarding day. Looking on the boards I am not sure that DH and DD will like anything at EC. On our past cruises we ate at parrot cay. Any suggestions.

sambycat 01-01-2013 03:49 PM

why not cabanas then?:goodvibes

DynamicDisneyDuo 01-01-2013 03:55 PM

The offerings at Cabanas and Enchanted Garden are virtually the same for the embarkation day lunch buffet.

lbgraves 01-01-2013 04:35 PM

We ate at Topsider's our first cruise for embarkation lunch. We then went to PC for the next 7. We went straight to EG on the Fantasy last year but DD didn't see anything on the buffet that she liked...and she's not my picky eater. We left and went up to Cabana's. There was a lot more at Cabana's that she liked. DH told me that they didn't really have anything kid friendly, and that doesn't mean kid menu items.

WDWChloe 01-01-2013 04:51 PM

On embarkation day we ate at EG, they had some nice offerings... Bacon wrapped salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, Mac n cheese, steamed veggies... A little of everything

We weren't crazy about EG's atmosphere though, we ended up booking Palo for our EG night.

Either way, there's usually something for everyone. Have fun!! :)

OKW Lover 01-01-2013 05:20 PM

Agree with the PP that mentioned the choices are essentially the same in either location. We prefer to go to the MDR because we don't like having to wander around looking for a table while wrangling our carryon bags. You also get your beverages brought to you in the MDR.

magrudersmakes3 01-01-2013 05:59 PM

We have done both. I would choose Cabana's for the variety.

lbgraves 01-01-2013 06:02 PM

It's possible that they have listened to guest feedback and changed the offerings in EG that day. We were on the MV and had a much different experience.

chirurgeon 01-01-2013 06:36 PM

Since it was my first time on the Fantasy, we went to Cabanas, I wanted to experience EG for dinner. We traded off getting food and one of us stayed at the table with the luggage.

shburks 01-01-2013 07:18 PM

We ate in EG for lunch and my non-picky kid only ate steamed shrimp and some sautéed veggies for lunch. Everything else was a little too fancy looking for him...or looked like salad! Not sure what Cabanas has but will probably try that this time...surely they have something more kid friendly, right?

I did enjoy the dessert offerings there and the nice guy who brought our drinks!

FabFivePA 01-01-2013 09:10 PM

So is there no 'kids section' at EG? On the Magic in Parrot Cay I remember there being a little separate area with a few selections like mac and cheese, chicken fingers, spaghetti, and typical kid fare. THANKS!!

lbgraves 01-01-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FabFivePA (Post 47052076)
So is there no 'kids section' at EG? On the Magic in Parrot Cay I remember there being a little separate area with a few selections like mac and cheese, chicken fingers, spaghetti, and typical kid fare. THANKS!!

No there wasn't.

Dizzyworld 01-01-2013 11:36 PM

I do miss the food offerings on the newer ships that was in Parrot Cay.

Ptwolfman 01-01-2013 11:44 PM

Is there anywhere that's not a buffet? I'm legally blind & require assistance but my wife can't help me, get her food & juggle the suitcases all at the same time. Any suggestions?

dbarker 01-02-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ptwolfman (Post 47053082)
Is there anywhere that's not a buffet? I'm legally blind & require assistance but my wife can't help me, get her food & juggle the suitcases all at the same time. Any suggestions?

There are plenty of CMs around. I'm sure one will be more than happy to assist you.