The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   straws? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039434)

Ikaikalani 01-01-2013 12:28 PM

straws?
 
Do they have drink straws available at the soda stations? I know some of the theme parks do not offer straws/lids (to avoid unwanted rubbish I imagine) and wonder if I need to bring a supply. TIA:thumbsup2

PrincessShmoo 01-01-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikaikalani (Post 47046234)
Do they have drink straws available at the soda stations? I know some of the theme parks do not offer straws/lids (to avoid unwanted rubbish I imagine) and wonder if I need to bring a supply. TIA:thumbsup2

There are lids and straws available.

This is the drink station on the Wonder (figuring the others are similar). There are lids to the side of each dispenser and straws on top of each dispenser.
http://i49.tinypic.com/o7sf43.jpg

:cutie:

bwallace 01-01-2013 01:31 PM

They are offered, but i noticed multiple occasions on the Magic in December that there were none to be found. Don't know why though.

Ikaikalani 01-01-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 47046259)
There are lids and straws available.

This is the drink station on the Wonder (figuring the others are similar). There are lids to the side of each dispenser and straws on top of each dispenser.
http://i49.tinypic.com/o7sf43.jpg

:cutie:

Thanks PrincessShmoo!!! I love all of your helpful emails!! :thumbsup2

carpenta 01-01-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwallace (Post 47046851)
They are offered, but i noticed multiple occasions on the Magic in December that there were none to be found. Don't know why though.

I think that the cruise line are trying to ween away from straws because they tend to fly overboard and are trouble for the fish. At least that is the tale I was told on a cruise ship by an employee.

tvguy 01-01-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpenta (Post 47047225)
I think that the cruise line are trying to ween away from straws because they tend to fly overboard and are trouble for the fish. At least that is the tale I was told on a cruise ship by an employee.

Yes, there were no straws when we cruised Disney in 2004 for that reason.

PrincessShmoo 01-01-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpenta (Post 47047225)
I think that the cruise line are trying to ween away from straws because they tend to fly overboard and are trouble for the fish. At least that is the tale I was told on a cruise ship by an employee.

I don't know about that, we had straws on both MR cruises in 2011 and our Hawaii cruise in 2012.

:cutie:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.