The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cinnamon rolls in New Fantasyland......same or different? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039216)

PrincessNP 12-31-2012 09:02 PM

Cinnamon rolls in New Fantasyland......same or different?
 
We are so sad to have the Main Street bakery closing for a few months. (esp since we are headed there in a few weeks). Cinnamon rolls are our favorites! I hear they have them in New Fantasyland. Are these exactly the same or different?

DisneyMom2Boyz 12-31-2012 10:06 PM

I would love to know that too! My son loves.......them.:love:

sigepmike 12-31-2012 10:29 PM

They are similar, but not the same. The Gaston version has maple frosting.

Ro Z 12-31-2012 10:45 PM

I have heard they have maple frosting too. So I am guessing quite differant! Havent tried them yet but to be honest. With all the hype I was not blown away by them anyway! Ok now you can let me have it! JMO:goodvibes

JJsmama 01-01-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessNP (Post 47042643)
We are so sad to have the Main Street bakery closing for a few months. (esp since we are headed there in a few weeks). Cinnamon rolls are our favorites! I hear they have them in New Fantasyland. Are these exactly the same or different?

:eek::eek::eek: What?! I am behind the times! Hoping it is back open by summer.

I don't like Maple flavor at all, so not excited about the Fantasyland ones. In fact, not much on the new FL menus sound very good to me...

starrysky 01-01-2013 05:59 AM

Having had both they are not massively different. I found the ones at the bakery to be much sweeter tbh.
They are still the same huge size in fantasy land.
Thing is the ones at Cinnabon are the best I have ever had would prefer if Disney were putting that place in rather than Starbucks lol.

DizneyLizzy 01-01-2013 12:54 PM

I may be in the minority but I really liked the cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern. It didn't taste overly maple-y, and the atmosphere inside the tavern is great.

Yes, it's slightly different than the MSB cinnamon roll, but tasty none the less.

MouseMomx2 01-01-2013 01:52 PM

I am a born and bred New Englander with a major maple obsession and I didn't get any maple flavor from the cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern. I did find it to be drier than those at the Main Street Bakery but perhaps I got a bad batch. I plan to give them one more try before crossing them off my list.

TheRustyScupper 01-01-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigepmike (Post 47043212)
They are similar, but not the same . . .

1) Alas.
2) Sad, but true.
3) Ain't nottin' like a Main Street Bakery Cinn Roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *

* OK, so maybe a huge IRS tax refund qualifies.

DisneyMom2Boyz 01-01-2013 09:45 PM

I don't want to doubt anyone but....are you sure you're thinking maple and not some carmel? My son has gotten it from main street with some carmel and stuck his nose up to it then tried it and dind't taste any different just looked a litte different. Just asking?? And actually hoping you are wrong for our April/May trip.:confused3

PrincessNP 01-02-2013 09:54 AM

It is supposed to reopen in the spring.....whatever that means. We are heading back in a few weeks (just went at Christmas) and we are very sad to not have the Main Streest Bakery! Sounds like we might try Gaston's, but will be prepared for a little different taste. Thanks for the responses!

SarahJN 01-04-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 (Post 47047653)
I am a born and bred New Englander with a major maple obsession and I didn't get any maple flavor from the cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern. I did find it to be drier than those at the Main Street Bakery but perhaps I got a bad batch. I plan to give them one more try before crossing them off my list.

Exactly this!

sigepmike 01-05-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyMom2Boyz
I don't want to doubt anyone but....are you sure you're thinking maple and not some carmel? My son has gotten it from main street with some carmel and stuck his nose up to it then tried it and dind't taste any different just looked a litte different. Just asking?? And actually hoping you are wrong for our April/May trip.:confused3

We've been to Gaston's a few times, but the last time the roll had a gob of maple frosting on part of it. I'm thinking that they just messed up on ours and put on too much, which is why it was so noticeable. I've seen several reports that the maple isn't very pronounced. I hope I just got too much maple on mine, because I didn't like the part that was overwhelmingly maple.

princessallegra 01-05-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouseMomx2
I am a born and bred New Englander with a major maple obsession and I didn't get any maple flavor from the cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern. I did find it to be drier than those at the Main Street Bakery but perhaps I got a bad batch. I plan to give them one more try before crossing them off my list.


MORE dry than MSB?!? How is that even possible? The moist delicious cinnamon rolls of MSB are but a distant memory now lol. I was hoping the gaston's cinnamon rolls would be moist and delicious! Womp.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.