The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   All star movies (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039214)

tink1953 12-31-2012 09:55 PM

All star movies
 
have they updated the TV's to flat screens at the movies resorts and when was the last refurb there??

thanks

dansdad 12-31-2012 10:03 PM

Yes, the rooms now have flat screens. Here is the All Star Movies Picture Thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ghlight=movies

I believe the last refurb was in 2010. And here is the refurb schudule for 2013.

Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
Now – Jan. 4, 2013: Guest elevator interior refurbishment will occur.
Now – Feb. 22, 2013: Cinema Hall will undergo handrail painting.
Now – Sept. 20, 2013: Feature icons refurbishment will occur.
March 4-15, 2013: Duck Pond Pool will be closed for refurbishment. Fantasia Pool will remain open during this time.


The above schedule was pulled from here.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...rbishments.pdf

Hope that helps.

tink1953 12-31-2012 11:51 PM

thanks for the link great pics....didn't see a link for refub schedule...we haven't stayed at the movies since around 1999...got hooked on the Pop and usually stay there, I noticed rates are a bit lower for the Movies...

Barb

twinboysmom 01-01-2013 12:44 PM

The rooms at movies actually finished a complete rehab in November of 2011.

tink1953 01-01-2013 04:56 PM

I noticed there rates are about $12 less a night then the Pop...why not just make the value rates all the same....it is so confusing trying to figure out what it will cost for stay at Disney now...

twinboysmom 01-01-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink1953 (Post 47048886)
I noticed there rates are about $12 less a night then the Pop...why not just make the value rates all the same....it is so confusing trying to figure out what it will cost for stay at Disney now...

I think that answer is that pop has a large cult following and some people (not me) are willing to pay a few bucks more to stay there. Also, I understand that it is actually in a different county that the all stars and that county has a little bit higher tax rate.

shburks 01-02-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinboysmom

I think that answer is that pop has a large cult following and some people (not me) are willing to pay a few bucks more to stay there. Also, I understand that it is actually in a different county that the all stars and that county has a little bit higher tax rate.

I think it's the tax rate thing that makes the slight room rate difference. Different county I believe

NJRRK 01-02-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shburks

I think it's the tax rate thing that makes the slight room rate difference. Different county I believe

The All Stars are actually in the county with the higher tax rate.

tink1953 01-15-2013 09:47 PM

I wonder why the new discount was less at Movies...are they pushing Pop resort now?? We wanted to go back to Movies but wanted the 20% off...


bigbabyblues 01-16-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink1953 (Post 47203692)
I wonder why the new discount was less at Movies...are they pushing Pop resort now?? We wanted to go back to Movies but wanted the 20% off...


Discounts depend on how many rooms they need to fill. If they had more empty rooms at Pop, it gets the bigger discount. Same with the moderates, I think it is POFQ that usually doesn't have as much of a discount.

CanadianGuy 01-16-2013 09:05 AM

We stayed at Sports recently and they were undergoing a refurb. We overheard a 'manager' type guy explaining to another guest the way the refurbs work.

What he said was .. every 6 years they replace all the soft goods in the rooms, bedding, carpets, drapes and do minor touch ups and repairs and replace anything in obvious need.

Every 12 years is generally a full stylistic re-do of the room. These are the re-do's where they change out the sink/counters, redo the bathroom tiles & grouting, replacing consumer facing plumbing fixtures, and replace all furniture.

Currently ASSports was in the middle of what seemed to be the 2nd type of refurb.

GrammyJudy 01-16-2013 11:27 AM

We stayed at ASMovies last JAN AND IT JUST BEEN REDONE AND IN GREAT SHAPE. i PREFER THE as TO pOP AND WE NEVER SHARED BUSES UNLESS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAYT

NJRRK 01-16-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammyJudy
We stayed at ASMovies last JAN AND IT JUST BEEN REDONE AND IN GREAT SHAPE. i PREFER THE as TO pOP AND WE NEVER SHARED BUSES UNLESS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAYT

Well well let's use inside voices, ok.

Sorry had to, if you knew me you'd understand.

chimilady 01-19-2013 10:13 AM

I am really torn between these two. I want to stay at Pop, but my kids are really into 101 Dalmations and Toy Story. They also love Fantasia, which is why i'm leaning this day. Sharing busses though is my big deterrent. So hard to decide.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.