The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Online check in (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038942)

apentney 12-31-2012 10:25 AM

Online check in

I'm trying to do online check in and the site is unavailable. Has anyone completed the online check in?

ErinsMommy 12-31-2012 10:51 AM

some have reported better luck checking in with this website
www.mydisneyreservation.com

MarcyMouse 12-31-2012 11:22 AM

That link just worked for me, and I am 50 days out. But there was no way to add or check anything in the "special requests" section. Is that normal? We will be an AKL and I thought there would be some options for which section/trail we want? There isn't even the typical "near transportation" type generic options to choose from.

Snow Wight 12-31-2012 11:26 AM

I am only 4 days out and I am unable to check in via that link or disneyworld.com. Boo!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

DisHmsklMom 12-31-2012 11:55 AM

I've been trying for the past week to do online check in. Friday I called their tech people and they took me through to the mydisneyreservation.com and my reservation comes up but I still can't check in. The tech person said I was the third person from the Pop not able to do the on-line check in, so it was reported. She told me to try back in 24-48 hrs. Still trying here for a check in on 1/6. I'm a bit nervous to arrive without checking in first. When we were there in December I had done the online check in so my packet was ready, but their computers were down so they were having to get us rooms via the telephone. Having my packet was really a time saver for our cast member. I really feel for the cast members on the front line with this, the tech people were still very upbeat and super exited about how great the new site will be once the glitches are taken care of.:badpc:

aggiegirl1234 12-31-2012 03:29 PM

I've been trying all today without any luck, I just keep getting Goofy telling me that online check-in is unavailable and to try again later :confused3 I wonder if there's an ETA on when it'll actually be working. I'm 10 days out from my trip and I'd like to be able to put in some requests.

dansdad 12-31-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcyMouse (Post 47037736)
That link just worked for me, and I am 50 days out. But there was no way to add or check anything in the "special requests" section. Is that normal? We will be an AKL and I thought there would be some options for which section/trail we want? There isn't even the typical "near transportation" type generic options to choose from.

I have NEVER been able to add ANY requests during online check-in for any of our last 3 trips. I learned long ago, the best way to add requests is by calling and having them added to your reservation. Been successful 100% of the time doing it that way.

dansdad 12-31-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggiegirl1234 (Post 47040044)
I've been trying all today without any luck, I just keep getting Goofy telling me that online check-in is unavailable and to try again later :confused3 I wonder if there's an ETA on when it'll actually be working. I'm 10 days out from my trip and I'd like to be able to put in some requests.

During online check-in is NOT the time, or method, to add requests. It's best to call and have them added to your reservation.

deezeealum 12-31-2012 06:55 PM

is it best to do online check in even if you are staying club level? Sorry if this is a basic question, but online check in was not an option when we went 4 years ago. TIA

dansdad 12-31-2012 06:58 PM

I have never stayed club level, but I have read post here from people who have and they recommend not doing online check-in if staying club level. There's no advantage to online check-in when staying club.

deezeealum 12-31-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansdad (Post 47041671)
I have never stayed club level, but I have read post here from people who have and they recommend not doing online check-in if staying club level. There's no advantage to online check-in when staying club.

Thank You dansdad, we will skip it next month then.:thumbsup2

Good Morning Dewdrop 12-31-2012 08:11 PM

after trying just less than 4000 times I managed to get onto the old site and check in that way. So frustrating!!

Bee2u 01-01-2013 01:58 AM

One day out, tried the site listed above and finally got checked-in. I'm on my way!

fla4fun 01-01-2013 04:02 AM

I've been trying that link for several days, and although it brings up my reservation, it doesn't allow me to do online check in. I am really frustrated at this point. :furious:

pxydst 01-01-2013 08:01 AM

At one place, if I am remembering right, I saw that online check in is 60 days out?!?! is that true? or is it another date??:confused3