The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wear and tear at BCV (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038836)

Nursekatiebelle 12-31-2012 07:02 AM

Wear and tear at BCV

Hello all. My family and I will be staying at the BCV's 1/14/13-1/20/13. We are very excited because we have wanted to stay at the Beach Club for many years but couldn't justify the price. This trip we are celebrating my graduation from nursing school and my sons birthday so we decided to splurge. I have read many reviews stating that the BCV rooms are worn and need a facelift. Can anyone tell me room numbers where they have recently stayed and not had a worn room? Im so excited to stay there and am afraid to be disappointed. Thanks! :goodvibes

Missyrose 12-31-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nursekatiebelle (Post 47035724)
Hello all. My family and I will be staying at the BCV's 1/14/13-1/20/13. We are very excited because we have wanted to stay at the Beach Club for many years but couldn't justify the price. This trip we are celebrating my graduation from nursing school and my sons birthday so we decided to splurge. I have read many reviews stating that the BCV rooms are worn and need a facelift. Can anyone tell me room numbers where they have recently stayed and not had a worn room? Im so excited to stay there and am afraid to be disappointed. Thanks! :goodvibes

The first thing you have to realize is the design aesthetic of BCV is very shabby chic. So even when the villas were brand new, they had that worn in look.

DVC villas run at almost 100 percent capacity, year-round (especially a small resort such as BCV) so the villas take a beating from all those guests. If you're going into the stay expecting the villas to look like their resort counterparts, you'll probably be disappointed.

All that said, we had a wonderful stay at BCV in October and our villa was awesome. It was very clean and nothing felt overly worn out.

Hope you have a great trip!

Pakey 12-31-2012 08:00 AM

BCV is my home resort. It's nothing like the Beach Club hotel. Hopefully you are in something larger than a studio and you will be excited for the space.

If you are in a studio, it will be smaller than a hotel room and you won't get a wow factor. But you will have good location to 2 parks which is the draw here.

glocon 12-31-2012 08:25 AM

We stayed at BC last visit, on club level. The hallways on the 5th floor did look worn, but the room was not. It was beyond awsome!

I did walk all over the resort, including through the public areas in the YC and BCV. The first floor common areas in the BCV were gorgeous. I would not call them worn at all. Definitely less worn looking than the club level at BC.

That said, all the shopping and eating areas all the way around were phenomenal and not worn looking at all. And the pool was just the bomb!

I do not think it was disappointing in the least, and I had VERY high expectations for our visit. We had never stayed at such an expensive resort before, and I expected nothing but the best, and was thrilled.

And even though we only went to MK, the proximity to EP and HS could be a huge plus when you can walk back to your resort instead of dealing with crowds at the end of the day.

I would definitely look into the BCV for our next vist, especially if the price was right!

Nursekatiebelle 12-31-2012 09:10 AM

Thank you all for your input. I don't mind shabby chic... was more worried about worn and excessive wear and tear but can honestly not imagine Disney letting something like that go and not fix/repair. Can't wait to go... so excited!

TaraPA 12-31-2012 10:22 AM

I stayed at BCV & BC CL all in the same month. I loved them both, but they are VERY different in terms of decor. BC is very elegant & upscale, BCV are just how someone else here described them - shabby chic! They are meant to have a casual beachy feel, a lived-in look. I do think BCV are getting a tad dated but by no means are they run down or show wear & tear. I think a lot of people expect them to have the same feel as BC & then are disappointed when they get there & find it to be the exact opposite. I loved the serenity of the BCV, the quiet pool & quick walk to Epcot were a nice change from the hustle & bustle of the main lobby & pool of BC.

I plan to stay at both again in the future!

tinkermama117 12-31-2012 01:01 PM

While we did appreciate the shabby chic aspects of our BCV studio, there were many things that needed fixing. Our room in particular had cabinets that didn't close and a leaking tub faucet. We were in the 4 th floor, I think it was 475.

Deb & Bill 12-31-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkermama117 (Post 47038718)
While we did appreciate the shabby chic aspects of our BCV studio, there were many things that needed fixing. Our room in particular had cabinets that didn't close and a leaking tub faucet. We were in the 4 th floor, I think it was 475.

When you have maintenance issues, make sure you call Maintenance to get them fixed as soon as possible. Why spend a vacation with broken equipment when you can get them fixed quickly and enjoy them the way they are supposed to work?