The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Concierge at Paradise Pier (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038738)

Mommavilla 12-30-2012 10:38 PM

Concierge at Paradise Pier

Hi Everyone

We are considering a stay at Paradise Pier and we're wondering if it's worth the money for concierge level? We would be going mid September as a belated anniversary gift for us ( 15 yrs :lovestruc ! )and an early birthday for my son. Any input from those who have had the experience? This also will be our tenth trip:) so we thought we would pamper ourselves a bit. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mousemommy1 12-30-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommavilla (Post 47034039)
Hi Everyone

We are considering a stay at Paradise Pier and we're wondering if it's worth the money for concierge level? We would be going mid September as a belated anniversary gift for us ( 15 yrs :lovestruc ! )and an early birthday for my son. Any input from those who have had the experience? This also will be our tenth trip:) so we thought we would pamper ourselves a bit. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You might have more luck asking in the Disneyland forum...:thumbsup2

lovesdumbo 12-30-2012 11:06 PM

We stayed there this summer in a higher level theme park room. Loved the view from the room. Being on a higher level made it easier to get an elevator during the busy morning times. Folks down a few floors had a tough time finding an elevator that wasn't filled before it got to them.

Food offerings were different than CL stays at WDW. They had small plastic bottles of water you could take to the parks. The did not however have ice tea to lemonade like they do in the WDW lounges.

Staff was friendly enough but I don't think we ever saw the same CM twice so even though we were there 7 nights we didn't feel like we had ant connection to anyone unlike at WDW were we have met some really great CMs.

For our family of 5 I would say it was worth doing but I'm not sure if we would do it again.

bumbershoot 12-30-2012 11:07 PM

There's a thread in the Disneyland forum whose title seems it will answer your questions.

But I haven't responded there, so....

They have an espresso machine there to make cappucinos for yourself. (a Nespresso machine) They have movie rentals for free; 2 at a time. They will make reservations for you; we've never used that service. If I'm calling someone, I'll just call Dining/etc myself, no need to call someone so they can make a call, in my opinion.

Turndown service with the Disney chocolate coins. Continental sort of breakfast. Small lunch of some kind. Early evening foods, including something hot (only once has that helped us, since we are vegetarian and it's usually meat-based...but those were tasty veggie egg rolls!). And a dessert type of thing (like chocolate strawberries, etc) along with beer/wine. Bottles of water, though you have to ask for them, and you can take them out with you (unlike concierge at WDW from what I've heard). Many of the food items are impossible for us, as we are veggie and have other ingredient issues, even down to not drinking the free sodas they provide.

Now...is all of this worth it financially? Only you know how much your family eats and drinks, and what you would be paying per night. It's really worth remembering that the way to get your money's worth with concierge is to *be there* at the resort. And being at the resort means you're not at the parks. So if you are a "park person", as we are, that makes it difficult.

My husband really likes to stay concierge level, for the "snob factor" as he laughingly calls it. He likes having that lounge, the DVD rentals (and the DVD players in the concierge level rooms), the turndown service. He likes the food, even if we don't go back for all eating opportunities. For him, it's not a financial thing we have to calculate, but an enjoyment level. For me it's financial. We try to get a middle ground.

Only you can decide how to decide if it's worth it!

CanadianGuy 12-31-2012 08:34 AM

I am going to move this to the Disneyland Forum here on the DIS. Thanks.

Mommavilla 12-31-2012 02:01 PM

Thanks!

llump41 12-31-2012 04:00 PM

Special event- do it. We did it last year and will do it again. But not every time. The more people in your party the closer to break been you get. Breakfast and snacks add up very quickly.