The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   1br Value at AKV -- bathroom (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038608)

chipper10 12-30-2012 06:56 PM

1br Value at AKV -- bathroom

Will the tub still be a jetted tub? I cannot find any info online.

lilpooh108 12-30-2012 06:57 PM

No it's not. It looks like a "regular" tub like you would have at home, with a showerhead over it.

Pennyguy23 12-30-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 47031933)
No it's not. It looks like a "regular" tub like you would have at home, with a showerhead over it.

It must depend on what unit you have because ours did.

LisaS 12-30-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipper10 (Post 47031920)
Will the tub still be a jetted tub? I cannot find any info online.

The 1BR will have a combo whirlpool tub and shower.

crbruce_us 12-30-2012 07:58 PM

It is a jetted tub. It's just not separate from the shower. We just got back a few days ago and stayed in room 5010.

BabsBunny 12-31-2012 07:07 AM

We had a one bedroom SV in Jambo, and I remember being disappointed with the tub. It was the shower combo, but I don't remember if the tub had jets or not.

LisaS 12-31-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabsBunny (Post 47035554)
We had a one bedroom SV in Jambo, and I remember being disappointed with the tub. It was the shower combo, but I don't remember if the tub had jets or not.

All of the 1BRs and 2BRs in Jambo (except some of the HA rooms) have the combination whirlpool tub/shower. It is a consequence of the villas being remodeled hotel rooms -- there wasn't enough space to put a separate shower stall in the master bathrooms. There are some HA 1BR/2BRs in Jambo that have a roll-in shower instead of a whirlpool tub/shower combo but there are very few of these.

The 1BR/2BRs in Kidani have a separate shower stall. That's one of the reasons why we prefer Kidani over Jambo House. Since there are no Value rooms in Kidani, those booking Value 1BR/2BRs do not have a choice. They will be in Jambo House with the whirlpool tub/shower combo.

chipper10 12-31-2012 02:43 PM

Thanks everyone! I remembered seeing pics of the tub/shower combo. I just could find anything that said the tub was a jetted tub. We will be driving in to FL and stopping at TRex for lunch before checking in. So, I wanted to stop at Basin for some bath bombs if I was able to relax in the tub. :)

crazybones27 12-31-2012 08:07 PM

Ours in November had a jetted tub shower combo. I will say because the sides were a little on the high side it was a little difficult to step out once you were done with the shower. I have some long legs and there were a few times I almost slipped right out :rotfl2:.

goofy kc 01-08-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazybones27 (Post 47041741)
Ours in November had a jetted tub shower combo. I will say because the sides were a little on the high side it was a little difficult to step out once you were done with the shower.

i agree! My mom had a hard time climbing in and out of the shower - actually so did I! There needs to be a ledge, a step, something. This was the only negative in the room. It was small because it was value, but the room was lovely, comfortable and we all loved it!

Deb & Bill 01-08-2013 09:48 PM

The renovated hotel rooms in Jambo House did not have the plumbing to install a separate shower and tub. So the tub/shower is a combo, but the tub is jetted.

Kidani Village was built from scratch, so they got the separate shower and tub.

LisaS 01-09-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 47128525)
The renovated hotel rooms in Jambo House did not have the plumbing to install a separate shower and tub. So the tub/shower is a combo, but the tub is jetted.

Kidani Village was built from scratch, so they got the separate shower and tub.

I think it was a space issue rather than a plumbing issue. The Jambo House 1BRs have a small hallway separating the master bedroom from the master bathroom. I assume this was done because the Jambo 1BRs do not have the extra bathroom so the master bath needed to be accessible without going through the master bedroom. As a result, the bathroom is smaller than the one in Kidani and there is no room for a separate shower stall.

The image below shows the floorplans for the master bedroom and bathroom portion of a 1BR unit in Jambo House. The one on the left is for a non-Value 1BR, the one on the right is for the Value 1BR. As you can see, the bathrooms are identical in the Value and non-Value, the space difference is in the bedroom area. Also the balcony of the Value 1BRs is not as deep as those on the non-Value rooms. The kitchen is the same size in the Value and non-Value, the living area is smaller in the Value than in the non-Value 1BR.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/50...Comparison.GIF

MikeyNS 01-09-2013 02:48 PM

Here's my Youtube video of our SV Value 1BR.
:)