The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is Disney the best line for Alaska with young kids? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038499)

luv2sleep 12-30-2012 03:42 PM

Is Disney the best line for Alaska with young kids?
 
I'm always seeing here how other lines have better itineraries and options for an Alaska trip. Other lines sail there that have kids programming too and can be less expensive. I will be traveling solo with my son (he's 5 right now) so the kid's aspect of the trip is more important to me than itinerary. I won't do a land trip with him either. So, is Disney the best way to go? Or do other lines cater just as much to children? Since we travel alone it's important for me to make my travel experience as easy as possible. I also want him to have the best experience possible. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my iPhone.

jdb in AZ 12-30-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2sleep (Post 47030387)
I'm always seeing here how other lines have better itineraries and options for an Alaska trip. Other lines sail there that have kids programming too and can be less expensive. I will be traveling solo with my son (he's 5 right now) so the kid's aspect of the trip is more important to me than itinerary. I won't do a land trip with him either. So, is Disney the best way to go? Or do other lines cater just as much to children? Since we travel alone it's important for me to make my travel experience as easy as possible. I also want him to have the best experience possible. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my iPhone.

Does your son love Mickey or do the characters scare him?

luv2sleep 12-30-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdb in AZ

Does your son love Mickey or do the characters scare him?

He loves the characters and is always excited to see them, but until recently, most of the time it was from a distance. This year though he's gone up and hugged some and taken pictures with them. Our 14 day cruise really helped him overcome his fears. He's asked me if they were real. When I told him no they are people dressed on costumes that helped. Seemed to be a turning point. So I would say, yes, he loves characters. Just more complicatedly than most kids, lol.

luv2sleep 12-30-2012 04:22 PM

Oh and Mickey is his favorite.

PrincessShmoo 12-30-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2sleep (Post 47030387)
I'm always seeing here how other lines have better itineraries and options for an Alaska trip. Other lines sail there that have kids programming too and can be less expensive. I will be traveling solo with my son (he's 5 right now) so the kid's aspect of the trip is more important to me than itinerary. I won't do a land trip with him either. So, is Disney the best way to go? Or do other lines cater just as much to children? Since we travel alone it's important for me to make my travel experience as easy as possible. I also want him to have the best experience possible. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my iPhone.

I've read many reports on other cruiselines that have good to great kid's programs. Among them Princess & Holland America.

The question kind of boils down to: Are you going to Alaska to see Alaska with Disney on the side? Or are you taking a Disney cruise with Alaska on the side?

Itinerary-wise, Disney's isn't as good others. Disney experience-wise, well, Disney wins hands down.

:cutie:

luv2sleep 12-30-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

I've read many reports on other cruiselines that have good to great kid's programs. Among them Princess & Holland America.

The question kind of boils down to: Are you going to Alaska to see Alaska with Disney on the side? Or are you taking a Disney cruise with Alaska on the side?

Itinerary-wise, Disney's isn't as good others. Disney experience-wise, well, Disney wins hands down.

:cutie:

Very good question. I had to think about that for a minute. I'd say I'm taking a Disney cruise with Alaska on the side.

PrincessShmoo 12-30-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2sleep (Post 47030705)
Very good question. I had to think about that for a minute. I'd say I'm taking a Disney cruise with Alaska on the side.

I guess that answers your question then. :goodvibes

:cutie:

luv2sleep 12-30-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

I guess that answers your question then. :goodvibes

:cutie:

Lol! You're good! I really could not see how to look at this.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.