The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FASTPASS I am confused (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038274)

suburbiatexas 12-30-2012 04:22 AM

FASTPASS I am confused
 
we are leaving for disney bright and early in the morning and I have a Fastpass question, or three

1-can one person in the party take all the cards and get fastpasses for everyone? my parents are going and dad has issues walking

2-can you fastpass only one attractive at a time?

3-once the fastpass expires, can you run to another fastpass, get those and then go back and get in line quickly at the first fastpass

sorry, this probably sounds like a stupid question....it is 3AM i cannot sleep and leave for the airport at 3....

ho-hum

thanks in advance for your help!

RAPstar 12-30-2012 04:56 AM

1) Yes, as long as you have everyone's ticket, you can get all the passes for each person at one time.

2) YEs, you can only have one pass for an attraction at a time, until the window for that pass expires, or it will have a time printed at the bottom saying when you can get another fastpass

3) I don't quite follow this question. Unofficially, the fastpasses never really expire (several people on here and myself have been able to use passes after the time window has closed, but it can vary for how busy a ride is and such), so you can always get more when your window opens and use them almost whenever.

Hope this helps, fellow Dallas-ite!

cluvsdisney 12-30-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPstar
1) Yes, as long as you have everyone's ticket, you can get all the passes for each person at one time.

2) YEs, you can only have one pass for an attraction at a time, until the window for that pass expires, or it will have a time printed at the bottom saying when you can get another fastpass

3) I don't quite follow this question. Unofficially, the fastpasses never really expire (several people on here and myself have been able to use passes after the time window has closed, but it can vary for how busy a ride is and such), so you can always get more when your window opens and use them almost whenever.

Hope this helps, fellow Dallas-ite!

Actually, regarding your response to #3, disney is enforcing the return window. There was a big announcement in February and it went no affect in the beginning of March. There have been about 100 threads about the new enforcement procedures. They will accommodate guests who had hold ups because of rides that were down or ADRs that ran super late (not for conflicting return/ADR times).

OP, are you asking if the return window for a second fast pass would be several hours away? There's no way to really answer that. For a ride like toy story mania, you can count on it. But for others, it will depend on the ride and crowd levels. I'm sorry if that's not helpful.

Have a great trip!!

suburbiatexas 12-30-2012 06:22 AM

thanks so much for your responses....

my last question is if your fastpass says to come back between 11-12, can you go to another fastpass at 11:01 and then jump on the first ride, or do you have to ride the ride before you can obtain another fastpass?

it has been 7 years since i have been....kids were little, i was in a fog and do not remember too much :)

cluvsdisney 12-30-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suburbiatexas
thanks so much for your responses....

my last question is if your fastpass says to come back between 11-12, can you go to another fastpass at 11:01 and then jump on the first ride, or do you have to ride the ride before you can obtain another fastpass?

it has been 7 years since i have been....kids were little, i was in a fog and do not remember too much :)

Yes, you can get another fast pass when the window for the first one opens up then go on the first FP ride.

suburbiatexas 12-30-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPstar (Post 47026763)
1) Yes, as long as you have everyone's ticket, you can get all the passes for each person at one time.

2) YEs, you can only have one pass for an attraction at a time, until the window for that pass expires, or it will have a time printed at the bottom saying when you can get another fastpass

3) I don't quite follow this question. Unofficially, the fastpasses never really expire (several people on here and myself have been able to use passes after the time window has closed, but it can vary for how busy a ride is and such), so you can always get more when your window opens and use them almost whenever.

Hope this helps, fellow Dallas-ite!


thanks dallas-ite!

mesaboy2 12-30-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cluvsdisney

Yes, you can get another fast pass when the window for the first one opens up then go on the first FP ride.

:thumbsup2

sheila <3 WDW 12-30-2012 09:15 AM

For question 1 one person can get fastpasses for multiple people, but everyone has to be in the park already so the ticket is active.

sheila <3 WDW 12-30-2012 10:05 AM

For question 1 one person can get fastpasses for multiple people, but everyone has to be in the park already so the ticket is active.

momto3pirates 12-30-2012 10:50 AM

Just wanted to add your fastpass will have a time at the bottom when you can your next fastpass. Sometimes it is before the window opens to ride the first ride. It just depends on how far out your ride window is.

PeterPanic 12-30-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suburbiatexas (Post 47026755)
we are leaving for disney bright and early in the morning and I have a Fastpass question, or three

1-can one person in the party take all the cards and get fastpasses for everyone? my parents are going and dad has issues walking

2-can you fastpass only one attractive at a time?

3-once the fastpass expires, can you run to another fastpass, get those and then go back and get in line quickly at the first fastpass

sorry, this probably sounds like a stupid question....it is 3AM i cannot sleep and leave for the airport at 3....

ho-hum

thanks in advance for your help!

Although most of these questions have been answered correctly, I'd like to add a little detail, if that's OK.

1) Yes, you can send a runner for FP tickets. You give them everyones tickets and they can do that, however, all of the tickets must be activated. In other words, you cannot get them unless everyone is in the park. You cannot send someone ahead of time with all the tickets to get FP's before they arrive at the park.

2) You can get another FP if the time on the window has arrived or if 2 hours have passed. Whichever comes first. For example, if you hold a FP for Splash Mtn that you obtained at 9:30 and the return time is 12:00 you can get another FP for another different ride at 11:30, two hours from the time you obtained the first one. If your window time is 11:00 then you can get it at 11:01 just 1.5 hours after obtaining it.

3) I'll change the wording of your question a little here...if you have time to pick up another FP and get back to your original ride within the window you certainly can get another. It's not based on when your current window expires, it is based only on when the window opens.

One other thing to keep in mind, you will be greeted with some angry glances or words if you have your group in line for standby and send someone to get other FP's during that time. Assuming that you then try to get the runner back in line with you. It is a thin line but most feel that this constitutes line cutting and is frowned upon by the general public. :duck: Send a runner only if you are going to wait for their return before entering a line or they are going to skip that one and go while the others are riding.

Have a good time! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.