The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Galveston Park n Cruise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038246)

BippityBoppity 12-30-2012 12:17 AM

Galveston Park n Cruise

Has anyone ever used Galveston Park n Cruise?
How far of a walk is it to the cruise terminal? From what I can find it appears to be just steps away. Also, what has been your experience with them? We are hoping to get our 4-wheel drive suburban in the indoor parking area.

Thank you

dbenlee 12-30-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BippityBoppity (Post 47026114)
Has anyone ever used Galveston Park n Cruise?
How far of a walk is it to the cruise terminal? From what I can find it appears to be just steps away. Also, what has been your experience with them? We are hoping to get our 4-wheel drive suburban in the indoor parking area.

Thank you

We have used Galveston Park n Cruise several times and love it. It is literally right across the street from the cruise terminal. You pull up to the terminal and drop off bags and people, the driver takes the vehicle and parks and walks back. Takes about 10 minutes total. Our experience with them has been very good and we will continue to use them when we cruise out of Galveston. We have only used the outdoor parking areas. They are fenced and gated.

owigotprcd 12-30-2012 01:02 PM

I might need this! How much do they charge?

BippityBoppity 12-31-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbenlee (Post 47028756)
We have used Galveston Park n Cruise several times and love it. It is literally right across the street from the cruise terminal. You pull up to the terminal and drop off bags and people, the driver takes the vehicle and parks and walks back. Takes about 10 minutes total. Our experience with them has been very good and we will continue to use them when we cruise out of Galveston. We have only used the outdoor parking areas. They are fenced and gated.

Thank you. I googled it and it really looked close, plus I wanted to make sure of their reputation. :yay::cool1:

dbenlee 01-01-2013 05:13 PM

Something I am just remembering is that Galveston Park n Cruise may not be taking reservations for Disney cruises. I just tried to reserve our upcoming Disney cruise out of Galveston and got a message that they are sold out. I checked other random dates through Nov 2013 and got the same message for all of them. After seeing that I started remembering that I read somewhere how they had canceled peoples reservations for the Disney cruises and refunded their money just after Disney started cruising out of Galveston. Truth be known, I have never heard good things about all of the parking areas around the port. We have only used the ports parking area and Park n Cruise. The only issue I have with the port parking is the long lines that can sometimes happen waiting on shuttles after debarkation at the end of the cruise.

Brooksmakingmemories 01-01-2013 11:55 PM

I checked Galveston Park n Cruise for our March sail date and found it sold out. Any other parking recommendations?

owigotprcd 01-02-2013 12:19 AM

We are looking into doing the one way 10$ a day car rentals from Avis I think. If they can come get the vehicle, it may work out. We live two hours away, so this would be perfect.

ChloroFiend 01-02-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooksmakingmemories (Post 47052856)
I checked Galveston Park n Cruise for our March sail date and found it sold out. Any other parking recommendations?

We used Lighthouse Parking and were quite satisfied. It's a bit farther away but they offer a free shuttle. Parking is elevated, fenced, and covered.

Disney Fans 01-02-2013 02:34 AM

I heard boivalet.com is good, covered parking and right by the port do not have to walk far at all.

Brooksmakingmemories 01-02-2013 10:57 PM

Thanks so much for the help! Going to get this booked so I can move on to worrying about other cruise details!!