The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Community (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Disney website - someone should be fired (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037675)

GeorgiaHoo 12-28-2012 07:49 PM

Disney website - someone should be fired

I'm generally easy going but the debacle that has been the Disney website change is irritating and mind-boggling. Over the last several days I've managed to book a vacation and dining reservations but not without multiple messages stating the server was busy, the website was down or my reservations could not be retrieved, in addition to several phone calls involving lengthy waits and sketchy connections. How can a company as profitable as Disney not test a website before launch and not promptly fix any bugs? I'm assuming Disney doesn't care about their customers' satisfaction.

NORMA MUNOZ 12-28-2012 07:59 PM

Im also having problems with the new website. Im trying to make a reservation and its not letting me is says server busy. Agh :mad:

So annoying!!!

Art 1 12-28-2012 08:14 PM

I agree, it's awful.

mrsR123 12-28-2012 08:21 PM

It's probably no consolation, but their websites have been notoriously terrible for as long as I can remember-- including the inception of the go.com debacle.

Chances are, though, that your actual trip will go off with far fewer hitches. Have fun.

Good Morning Dewdrop 12-28-2012 09:23 PM

I'm totally frustrated with it - it's finally time to do online check in - which is a great milestone for any trip :cool1: and the darn site keeps giving me the message that online check in is down try again later. I could just scream! Well not really but I am frustrated. Yes, I know it's not life altering and I can do regular check in when we get there but I like online check in!!

OK vent over...

FirstTripEver 12-28-2012 09:28 PM

Horrible!

It is BEYOND frustrating. Complete & utter waste of time!

:badpc:

disneynewbee 12-28-2012 09:36 PM

All of their sites are bad. The trip is over and now I'm dealing with the photopass site.

WDWPooh 12-28-2012 09:53 PM

I made a payment over the phone today and when I had the automated system read me my details it had my dining all wrong. So I had to bother a CM. And she just couldnt understand any of it. I mean think of it in that perspective...how much time CMs are spending on the phone helping people who already have reservations find them and fix thigns instead. Gotta be frustrating to them to say the least.
HATE IT:badpc:

DanInMN 12-28-2012 10:05 PM

It still can't find my package reservation.

Tinkerbell1013 12-28-2012 10:14 PM

Tried to cancel a dining reservation yesterday and the website was down and every phone number I tried (dining and reservations) were down. Wanted to :badpc: - but I didn't. Disliking this new website!

pickles 12-28-2012 10:31 PM

sometimes it seems to function better when using mozilla

disneydreamkate 12-28-2012 10:38 PM

I have been trying all day to access my dining and resort reservations. Even when I manually enter my resort reservation it disappears. I get having a couple of minor bugs to work out, but the whole thing is a mess. I hope it gets figured out soon. I did notice that now you should be able to do online check in 60 days out. Can anyone confirm that? (not that it matters if the site isn't working!)

tiki23 12-28-2012 11:42 PM

Disney web sites have always been horrid and this one is no exception. :crazy2::badpc::crazy2:

I was looking at rooms for a potential upcoming stay - it wouldn't just show me what was available or give me an alternate offer to the resort I wanted that was sold out, I had to look at each resort individually. :headache:

If they don't improve the web site I will probably book our next trip through a TA.

awoogala 12-28-2012 11:45 PM

It has been a nightmare. A multi billion dollar website goes live with something like this, and an inability for the old site to work, too? Inexcusable. All my dining reservations are inaccessible. They "can't find them" or the phone number doesn't match.. which is funny, since all those reservations were listed on my account on the last website. I am livid- I leave in 14 days, and wanted to finalize/change some reservations!

Allison 12-28-2012 11:46 PM

The crazy thing is they have never been able to provide the kind of website that they have the resources and money to provide. Disney should definitely be embarrassed by it and someone should be held responsible for the decisions made.