The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Character Dining (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037538)

angela25 12-28-2012 02:25 PM

Character Dining

Which one is best for a family of 14? We are trying to stick with dining with Mickey & Minnie to be fair to everyone! I am thinking Cape May or Chef Mickey? Thoughts? Thanks :)

bigbabyblues 12-28-2012 02:30 PM

Mickey is not at Cape May. We had a great breakfast at Cape May though, and are planning that for our departure day in June. We have also enjoyed breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but it aleaays seems chaotic when we've been there.

ThumpersWorld 12-28-2012 02:43 PM

We have been to Chef Mickey's a couple of times because they have the main characters including Mickey and Minnie. Our last trip we decided to go to Cape May and Tusker House. Cape May is really cute and has the characters in beach attire. But, as the other poster mentioned, does not have Mickey. Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom was also great and has the characters in safari but does not include Minnie. I would say the food at Cape May and Tusker House is far better than that of Chef Mickeys. Hopefully that helps!

angela25 12-28-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThumpersWorld (Post 47013401)
We have been to Chef Mickey's a couple of times because they have the main characters including Mickey and Minnie. Our last trip we decided to go to Cape May and Tusker House. Cape May is really cute and has the characters in beach attire. But, as the other poster mentioned, does not have Mickey. Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom was also great and has the characters in safari but does not include Minnie. I would say the food at Cape May and Tusker House is far better than that of Chef Mickeys. Hopefully that helps!

Who is at Cape May?

bigbabyblues 12-28-2012 03:25 PM

Minnie, Goofy, and Donald if I remember right

patriciaofoz 12-29-2012 12:02 AM

We ate at Cape May for breakfast Christmas Eve and it was the highlight of our day. The food was plentiful and great and the characters spent a generous amount of time with us. Minnie even came back twice since my apprehensive cousin ignored her the first time. So she came back and stole a kiss from him :)

We really enjoyed CM that we cancelled a prior reservation elsewhere and did a dinner there tonight (our last night at DW).

cristen72 12-29-2012 08:48 AM

We have tried Chef Mickeys and Tusker House. We liked both but I give Tusker House a bit higher rating. The atmosphere wasn't as chaotic and the characters took more time with you.

Mickey is at both if he's the main character you're looking for! But Daisy is at Tusker instead of Minnie.

jakers2154 12-29-2012 08:52 AM

If you are going to breakfast together I would recommend the tusker house breakfast buffet. And for dinner I would recommend the beirgaten buffet in epcot. Their all wonderful.:yay:. But if you want to stick to all character dinning then I would not recommend the beirgaten. And I would recommend tusker house at the Animal Kingdom and chef Mickeys at the Contemporary resort.

kkbutterfly 12-29-2012 10:49 AM

Love Chef Mickey! The characters were great and the buffet was huge! We were happy there! Ohana has Mickey for breakfast as well.

TDC Nala 12-29-2012 10:56 AM

I believe Chef Mickey's is the only option if you want Mickey and Minnie together. They don't appear together at any other meals.

Tusker House has Mickey, also Donald, Goofy and Daisy. At 'Ohana breakfast, Mickey appears with Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. Minnie is at Cape May with Goofy and Donald.

ilovedisney1982 12-29-2012 11:10 AM

I have never been to Cape May, but I had a great experience at Chef Mickey. If your family of 14 has young kids, Chef Mickey. I believe Cape May has a seafood menu, so if your family like sea food, Cape May. Either way, I'm positive you'll have loads of fun! :)

TDC Nala 12-29-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

I believe Cape May has a seafood menu, so if your family like sea food, Cape May.
Cape May has a seafood menu at dinner, which is not a character meal; only breakfast is a character meal.

clareyfairymouse 12-29-2012 11:40 AM

Chef Mickey's is good for breakfast, but tends to be busy and a bit noisy! Lots of food options and both Mickey and Minnie!
Tuskers can be quieter and the characters at Cape May look really cute in the costumes!