The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Beach Club or Yacht Club (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037443)

carolynb 12-28-2012 11:18 AM

Beach Club or Yacht Club

Trying to decide between Beach Club or Yacht for a 3 or 4 day stay in April. We have stayed at Beach club before, but only for a couple of days. We did have a balcony with our room and would like to have a balony on our next visit. Which would you stay at and why? Thanks

Ninja Mom 12-28-2012 11:41 AM

Come on down to the BC/YC FAQ thread!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025785

Page 1 has a ton of insider information that will really help with your stay and there are BC/YC regulars who would be happy to help you with any questions you may have with this resort.

See you there! :thumbsup2

~NM

wcpamotm 12-28-2012 11:43 AM

If you really want a balcony, Yacht Club is hands down the better choice. All rooms above the ground floor have full balconies there, where at the Beach Club your balcony may well be standing room only.

mickeynut1 12-28-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolynb (Post 47011655)
Trying to decide between Beach Club or Yacht for a 3 or 4 day stay in April. We have stayed at Beach club before, but only for a couple of days. We did have a balcony with our room and would like to have a balony on our next visit. Which would you stay at and why? Thanks

Since you've already stayed at the BC, I would try the YC. Also, if a full size balcony is important to you, the YC would be the best choice. I believe most rooms at the YC have full balconies, unlike the BC where about half of the rooms have full size ones while the other half has standing room only "juliet" type balconies for 1 person.

DizneyLizzy 12-28-2012 03:13 PM

Beach Club - slightly closer walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk, closer to the marketplace

Yacht Club - guaranteed full balcony, quieter lobby, closer walk to the boat dock

Both are fabulous choices. I've stayed at both in the past 12 months and would only prefer the BC because I like being just a few steps closer to Epcot and the BC Marketplace. My parents prefer YC because they think it is quieter and more "adult."

Scott MC 12-28-2012 04:40 PM

A lot also has to do with theming.

At the Beach Club, the color scheme is pink, sea foam green and white, and your ambiance is more seaside elegance. I believe it is said to have been modeled on Newport RI.
At Yacht Club, you're looking at hardwood floors, navy blues, solid reds, golds, and a more Martha's Vineyard, ship-like setting. I find it more formal.

The Readers Digest version I tell people is, as follows...

Beach Club- Louder, more kid-filled, more laid back, think seashells, seahorses and sand.

Yacht Club- Quieter, seems more adult friendly, more formal, think nautical, anchors, and sailors knots.

Hope that helps!

Sue M 12-28-2012 04:56 PM

I agonized over which for our last stay there. I decided on BC and put a request in for full balcony. The benefits of BC is that the CS Marketplace is there. And I like the theming.

For August trip we decided to try YC. Can't wait, 12 nights this coming August. YC looks beautiful too. We did explore while we were there during BC stay.
I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Sweettears 12-28-2012 05:02 PM

I like the YC just because of the balcony. Whats better than sitting out on your balcony overlooking the lagoon with your favorite beverage. I did stay at BC with a special request for a full balcony. The request was granted and better yet to a CL room overlooking the lagoon.

DeboS 12-29-2012 08:41 AM

I prefer the Yacht Club over The Beach Club.
Love the balcony view, more quiet, better decor, closer to the dock.

Marthasor 12-29-2012 01:37 PM

It's such a toss up, but if you want the balcony, go YC. We've stayed at both and while I like the theming at BC more, I liked YC for its proximity to the boat dock, it seemed a bit quieter, plus I liked having Captain's Grille in the lobby for a casual sit-down meal.

scottmel 12-30-2012 09:31 PM

I have done both Yc and Bc - club level and much much prefer YC. Full balcony not an issue.