The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Deluxe Resort for 5 Adults (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037152)

disneydee6 12-27-2012 05:48 PM

Deluxe Resort for 5 Adults

My family has always stayed at the Beach Club, which we LOVE. We are a family of 5 adults. Our last stay was very crowded (we stayed in a garden view room and someone slept in a daybed), so we are looking to expand to more space. As much as I don't want to leave my precious BC, if there is a better way to use our money (without leaving deluxe category and not using DVC) we are willing to look into it. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear some ideas.

spiceycat 12-27-2012 06:09 PM

both the CR and Polyn have more room - plus their daybed is a twin bed.

so would think you might be better off in either.

otherwise there is DVC or offsite

disneydee6 12-27-2012 06:24 PM

I didn't realize that the day beds were different in the deluxe resorts, I assume they were all the same.

And we don't go offsite, so that's not an option.

Princess on the Run 12-27-2012 06:27 PM

You can stay in the villas without buying or renting DVC. That's what we do.

KrazeeK120 12-27-2012 06:29 PM

You're extremely limited in your choices if you won't do DVC or offsite.

You could do a suite in one of the deluxes. That would give you more space.

Like the PP said, rooms at Poly or Contemporary are slightly larger, but I would think that 5 adults would still be a tight fit, not to mention...5 adults sharing 1 bathroom sounds like a nightmare to me.

mickeynut1 12-28-2012 07:37 AM

Our favorite is the Poly. We've stayed at both the Poly and BC and the Poly rooms are quite a bit larger and more spacious than those at the BC, IMO. The CR and GF are also good choices for a little more space over the BC rooms. Another option would be to look into a deluxe room at the WL. They are a little more expensive as they sleep 6 and are club level, but it would provide a bedroom with 2 queen beds and a living room with a queen sleeper sofa. Good luck.

mslhb 12-28-2012 08:00 AM

We just stayed in a Deluxe Room at the WL. We loved it. It has 2 queen beds in the bedroom and in the living room the sofa pulls out into a queen bed. They technically sleep 6. It only has one bathroom but there is a 2nd sink/mirror area over the fridge/bar area in the living room which is nice. I was originally pricing a CL room at the poly and at the time the Deluxe WL was about the same price.

TaraPA 12-28-2012 08:46 AM

BC also has the Deluxe Room category. We stayed in one last spring, and the room is much larger than a regular room. It still has the daybed - but it was defintiely a twin size daybed. The Deluxe Rooms at Deluxe Resorts are CL so you will be paying a lot more than a regular room, but they DO discount them at BC (they do not discount them at WL for some reason). There are only 6 Deluxe Rooms at BC so they aren't easy to get sometimes.

disneydee6 12-28-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraPA (Post 47010267)
BC also has the Deluxe Room category. We stayed in one last spring, and the room is much larger than a regular room. It still has the daybed - but it was defintiely a twin size daybed. The Deluxe Rooms at Deluxe Resorts are CL so you will be paying a lot more than a regular room, but they DO discount them at BC (they do not discount them at WL for some reason). There are only 6 Deluxe Rooms at BC so they aren't easy to get sometimes.

I looked into that too! If there is a discount available, I think that this may be the way to go, if, (big if considering there's 6) it is at all possible. We just can't seem to pull ourselves away from BC. :thumbsup2

TaraPA 12-28-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneydee6 (Post 47012949)
I looked into that too! If there is a discount available, I think that this may be the way to go, if, (big if considering there's 6) it is at all possible. We just can't seem to pull ourselves away from BC. :thumbsup2

We were very lucky to get one with a 30% off AP discount last spring. I booked on the 1st day the discount was released, and checked after I booked, that category was no longer available for our dates. Unfortunately, now we are spoiled & will always want the Deluxe room or at least CL at BC!!!

I agree, BC is an incredible resort!