The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DCL travel insurance and obtaining credit (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037060)

brergnat 12-27-2012 02:16 PM

DCL travel insurance and obtaining credit

Long story short: We booked a cruise in August. My MIL booked solo to join us. She ended up having a work issue and could not go at the last minute. Purchased DCL's travel insurance. MIL just recently got a letter from the insurance company denying her claim (as expected, although DCL advised us to put the claim in anyway to see what they would do).

As I understand it (and as was confirmed to me by the DCL CM on the phone), if the insurance claim ends up denied, MIL is entitled to a non-expiring credit to her cruise fare (minus the insurance cost) for a future Disney cruise.

So, she got the letter from the Insurance company, denying the claim. End of story.

Now what? Does she have to call DCL now? Or, were they already notified that the claim was denied by the insurance company? She was just kinda left hanging with no further instructions. A credit for a future cruise is great, since we plan to cruise again with DCL. But, how does she go about getting the credit now?

Any help would be appreciated!

PrincessShmoo 12-27-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brergnat (Post 47004467)
Long story short: We booked a cruise in August. My MIL booked solo to join us. She ended up having a work issue and could not go at the last minute. Purchased DCL's travel insurance. MIL just recently got a letter from the insurance company denying her claim (as expected, although DCL advised us to put the claim in anyway to see what they would do).

As I understand it (and as was confirmed to me by the DCL CM on the phone), if the insurance claim ends up denied, MIL is entitled to a non-expiring credit to her cruise fare (minus the insurance cost) for a future Disney cruise.

So, she got the letter from the Insurance company, denying the claim. End of story.

Now what? Does she have to call DCL now? Or, were they already notified that the claim was denied by the insurance company? She was just kinda left hanging with no further instructions. A credit for a future cruise is great, since we plan to cruise again with DCL. But, how does she go about getting the credit now?

Any help would be appreciated!

I'd call DCL and tell them that the claim was denied and see where it goes from there.

:cutie:

brergnat 12-27-2012 02:33 PM

I want to be able to help MIL with this, but she has all the info at home in another state. She is here visiting, and I told her I'd figure out what she has to do when she gets home. She is not very good on the phone, so I wanted to have as much info as possible to tell her so she will be prepared when she calls. She basically wrote the whole expense off when she got that Insurance company denial letter weeks ago...and she never told me! She figured she was just out of luck. I told her that's not how it is supposed to work and I would find out the next step for her to take.

I figured someone here would have experience with this. That's what I'm looking for.

I can't call DCL now because I don't have her original booking confirmation number, or any of the info. related to the booking so I won't get anywhere. She has all that info. at home.

I just want to know if she will need to either send or fax a copy of the denial letter to DCL, or if DCL would already have this info from the ins. company.

kcashner 12-27-2012 02:41 PM

Your next step is to fax or mail the denial from the insurance company to DCL.

lbgraves 12-27-2012 06:17 PM

You do not need her reservation number for DCL CS to find her reservation, especially if her booking is linked to yours. They can access your reservation with just her name and then confirm information with her to talk to you.