The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Budget Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Walmart Return Policy. Ugh! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3036967)

scbelleatheart 12-27-2012 11:36 AM

Walmart Return Policy. Ugh!
 
I bought DS an Ipad on Black Friday. Gave it to him for Xmas and he doesn't really want it so I was going to return it.
I can't even though it is unopened and I have the receipt. Their policy is 15 days on electronics.
There should be a GIANT sign in electronics about this policy.
Needless to say, no more purchases in that department.

jrmasm 12-27-2012 11:37 AM

That stinks. Black Friday purchases should be returnable into January.

simonsmom 12-27-2012 11:39 AM

I would try to return it without a receipt and see what happens

maslex 12-27-2012 11:40 AM

Oh, I know what you mean. I went through the same thing with my son's Nexus 7. I asked the lady at the customer service desk if it says anywhere that there is a 15 day return policy. She turned around and read the entire board, then turned back to me and said, "Huh, I guess not. But let me call electronics for you and see what they say. Yep, they said it's 15 days"

Sucks!!!

sara mom 12-27-2012 11:41 AM

You might want to consider selingl it on Craigslist.

kimk2230 12-27-2012 11:45 AM

I looked on walmart's website and it states if you purchase a item between November 1 and December 24 you have 15 days from December 26 so you would have until January 10th. It is their holiday return policy. It applies to electronics that are normally 15 days. Try searching their website and maybe you could print it out when you try and return it.
Hope that helps.

ibob52 12-27-2012 12:05 PM

Walmart 2012 Extended Return Policy

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/...NYZFBlbA%3D%3D

scbelleatheart 12-27-2012 01:48 PM

Thank you so much! I can't wait to show the printout to the manager.

sarahlovesmickey 12-27-2012 01:56 PM

and this is why I have ceased shopping at Walmart for the most part (well for this reason and some others). They have really gone downhill over the years in their customer service.

Good Morning Dewdrop 12-27-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimk2230 (Post 47003036)
I looked on walmart's website and it states if you purchase a item between November 1 and December 24 you have 15 days from December 26 so you would have until January 10th. It is their holiday return policy. It applies to electronics that are normally 15 days. Try searching their website and maybe you could print it out when you try and return it.
Hope that helps.


exactly - dh works at Wal-Mart and mentioned that extended policy to me (I bought my dad an Ipad too).

Go in and talk to a manager if necessary. Also you can call 1 800 Wal-Mart and talk to a rep there. They should be able to get someone from your store to call you back and make it right (you'd still have to bring it in but you could have a name to throw around).

bumbershoot 12-27-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scbelleatheart (Post 47004216)
Thank you so much! I can't wait to show the printout to the manager.

The *manager* didn't know????? Ugh.

livndisney 12-27-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop (Post 47004491)
exactly - dh works at Wal-Mart and mentioned that extended policy to me (I bought my dad an Ipad too).

Go in and talk to a manager if necessary. Also you can call 1 800 Wal-Mart and talk to a rep there. They should be able to get someone from your store to call you back and make it right (you'd still have to bring it in but you could have a name to throw around).

Good Luck talking to a rep at the 800 number. I tried for months to get resolution from them before giving up in frustration. I was either transferred a bunch of times or their systems were down. Never did find anyone helpful.

beansmom 12-27-2012 04:15 PM

just another in a long line of reasons not to do business with the evil empire.

wiigirl 12-27-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beansmom (Post 47005491)
just another in a long line of reasons not to do business with the evil empire.

SO very very true :mic:

zoemurr 12-28-2012 10:41 AM

Please post
 
what happened after you went back again... we avoid that store at all costs. Target is so much cleaner, better selection and easier to deal with all around.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.