The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I need passholder discount info (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3036699)

ethanwa 12-26-2012 06:36 PM

I need passholder discount info

I'm looking for the TOTAL cost of the following room from an AP holder:

Animal Kingdom Savanna View Bunk Bed room for family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) from 12/2/13 - 12/13/2013 (11 nights)

Can someone please post/PM me the price for this with your current room-only AP discount? I need to do some math to find out if it's worth it for me to buy a pass.

Thanks.

winthropf 12-26-2012 06:38 PM

Passholder discounts are only release through March 22. I wouldn't expect to have them release for December until at least late August.

ethanwa 12-26-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winthropf (Post 46997717)
Passholder discounts are only release through March 22. I wouldn't expect to have them release for December until at least late August.

Oh OK i didn't know that, thanks.

TaraPA 12-26-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winthropf (Post 46997717)

I think this year it was even later than that, we were waiting & waiting to book late October and mid-December and when the late October rates were released the end of August, the discount wasn't as far out as mid-December yet. Maybe its just my lack of patience but it seems they've not been releasing them as early as they used to!

MinnieGirl33 12-27-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraPA (Post 46998636)
Maybe its just my lack of patience but it seems they've not been releasing them as early as they used to!

...and there is no guarantee there will be a discount for any particular set of dates. Even if there was one this year, there is no guarantee it will be next year.

They are removing/changing perks all the time (see threads on reduced PAP merchandise discount). The only thing you can count on from an AP/PAP is park admission.

goofy4tink 12-27-2012 10:26 AM

Have to agree with MinnieGirl33. Only buy an AP for park access. That is the only sure thing you will get with one..park access. Everything else is a perk that can be taken away with little to no notice!!
It's never a good idea to buy an AP in order to get room discounts!! There have been way too many instances where Disney didn't offer room discounts for times that they had previously offered room discounts. There is just no way to be sure that your specific time of year will have any offered discounts.

winthropf 12-27-2012 10:44 AM

Agree about the perks. The AP rates have not been much better than the general public discounts lately.

ethanwa 12-27-2012 10:00 PM

I went ahead and just booked our trip at standard rates and moved on. It will be paid off before we leave so I won't worry about the money we'll just enjoy the trip as-is. Thanks everyone!