The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   shareing a room at POP, with my adult son and his GF (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3036679)

seadd67 12-26-2012 04:32 PM

shareing a room at POP, with my adult son and his GF

So we are going to POP for our July 4th trip( and MNSSHP). So this will be the first trip for my ds gf, and the first time we will have share a room with more then just me and him. So of you parents out there, that have gone with there sons or daughters and there GF,BF or Husband or wife, how did that go with sharing a room?. Is it to awkward, is it worth the extra money to get my own room, don't really would have the extra dollars, but if it makes the time better i will do it. So how did your trips go with shearing a room.

wdwlver 12-26-2012 04:49 PM

I would get a room for myself. Would be uncomfortable sharing.

BearcatsFan 12-26-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seadd67 (Post 46997268)
So we are going to POP for our July 4th trip( and MNSSHP). So this will be the first trip for my ds gf, and the first time we will have share a room with more then just me and him. So of you parents out there, that have gone with there sons or daughters and there GF,BF or Husband or wife, how did that go with sharing a room?. Is it to awkward, is it worth the extra money to get my own room, don't really would have the extra dollars, but if it makes the time better i will do it. So how did your trips go with shearing a room.

If you can, I would get an extra room for you. It might not feel awkward for you or your son, but you can bet it will for his girlfriend. JMHO.

chocovrdmicears 12-26-2012 05:00 PM

I would most definately get my own room.

lovingthemouse 12-26-2012 05:06 PM

Please consider your own room. Just think how awkward your son's girlfriend would feel!

tluvstink 12-26-2012 05:12 PM

Please don't be offended but there's no way I would even consider doing this. I would stay off site in two rooms if I had too.

I hope you have a great trip whatever you decide to do!!😃

Terri

disney1990 12-26-2012 05:21 PM

How about Art of Animation which has a separate bedroom. I would have no problem sharing that with my Daughter and her BF.

DebbieB 12-26-2012 05:35 PM

How old are they?

focusondisney 12-26-2012 06:10 PM

No way would I be comfortable sharing a room witth a child & their SO. We went with DD her DH a few years ago. They didn't evn want connecting rooms! :rotfl2:

dawnhaze 12-26-2012 06:36 PM

As an adult child, I wouldn't want to share a single hotel room with my parents and my SO. I feel like it would be incredibly awkward. But if its all you can afford, it's all you can afford!

minnie mum 12-26-2012 06:46 PM

When we went with our DD and her SO we definitely had our own room. NO WAY would I have wanted the awkwardness of early mornings/bedtimes (especially within the confines of a value room). And I'm pretty sure DD and her SO felt the same. Think of it as just another passing from one parenting stage to another.

disnut8 12-26-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seadd67 (Post 46997268)

Personally, I wouldn't have any problem with it. But I would highly encourage you to speak to your son and his girlfriend, openly and honestly, and ask how THEY feel about it and express YOUR feelings. Before my husband and I were married, we spent a lot of time with both sets of parents and none of them had any problem with us being together. And neither did we in that capacity. But all of us were honest with each other. That's all you need.

Oh yeah, if you decide to all stay in one room, ask if the girlfriend snores. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Deb & Bill 12-26-2012 07:07 PM

You will pay the extra adult fee for the room for each night you are there as well.

budafam 12-26-2012 09:10 PM

I wouldn't mind it. We had my MIL stay in the room with us on our trip in May. No awkwardness there but I guess we're in the minority here.

si-am 12-26-2012 09:23 PM

My husband and I have shared a room with my mom and it was fine. What worked for us is that she (being an early riser) would get up first, then go to the food court to have coffee and read the paper, which gave us more space and privacy to get ready in the mornings.

Every family is different, but if you are all okay with it, then there shouldn't be any problems!