The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Special Appetizer during Animator's Show (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3036657)

WDW Princess 71 12-26-2012 03:19 PM

Special Appetizer during Animator's Show

A few months ago I was asking about the special appetizer trio they give you during your show night in AP. I had heard that they put a card over the regular appetizer side of the menu so you cant see them, and you can't order those things, only this special trio app. Is this still the case, and if so, has anyone tried asking the server to bring them an app from the other restaurant anyway? If I get my requested rotation, I'll be in AP for the show night on Captain's Gala night. If AP and RC share the same kitchen, is it a big deal for a server to grab me an app or two from there? Those apps sound more appealing to me than the trio one with the popcorn soup that I would otherwise be limited to.

rosermama 12-26-2012 03:38 PM

We had to order ahead every night due to allergies at our table. The night before AP I asked if I could order a different app from one of the other resturants. So they brought that menu and said it was no big deal. The reason they have the app the way they do has to do with the show. I would ask the nigt before so it doeant impede into the timming for the show and they can have it ready for you.

WDW Princess 71 12-26-2012 03:42 PM

Thank you for the feedback, that sounds like a great suggestion for me to mention it the night before. I will definitely do that- I'll give the popcorn soup a try but it will be nice to have a couple other things ordered that I'll know for sure I'll like just in case!

ro8821 12-26-2012 08:41 PM

My family didn't care for the popcorn soup but at the request of our server tried it and he did bring us all a salad out after we tried it. There is a lot I people on here who like the popcorn soup though. So it's worth trying once.

slindamood 12-26-2012 09:16 PM

I just got off the Dream and I don't recall popcorn soup being on the menu at AP. I had a fantastic app there - lobster ravioli.

rosermama 12-26-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slindamood
I just got off the Dream and I don't recall popcorn soup being on the menu at AP. I had a fantastic app there - lobster ravioli.

They only have it on the Fantasy

jodical 12-27-2012 06:58 AM

We thought the Buttered Popcorn soup was YUM! :goodvibes But we had to order it. It was not served family style. There was something different that was brought out that way - I'll see if anyone from our group remembers. I recall something with tuna...

ssanders79 12-27-2012 10:07 AM

The appetizer trio serve during the Animation Magic show on the Fantasy is done to help speed up dinner so the servers are not walking around as much during the show.