The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Advice on where to book!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3036515)

DisneyJanFeb2008 12-26-2012 10:38 AM

Advice on where to book!!
 
Looking for advice on where to book! Situation is as follows: looking to travel March 18-25 (seven nights), three small children, top criteria is walking from our room to the main transportation area/food/pool (hate internal buses w/in the resort) and a themed pool. We typically stay at parks all day and don't come back to resort until the evening for bed.

My best pricing options are:

OKW - $1,482
SS - $1,563
CBR - $1,680 (pricing based on forthcoming Jan. 3 promo rates)
AKV savanna room - $1,813

Not sure if it's worth it to pay additional $ for AKL since we have to take all buses to parks there like we were at a moderate. And we like the beach feeling so may enjoy being able to have a cocktail at the Caribbean Beach for example. Really missed upscale feeling/Disney theming when we stayed at the Swan last year but loved the location. So we'd enjoy the AKV for that reason. We've stayed at the WLV (loved!) and SS (hated internal buses) in the past too. Thanks!!!!

larryz 12-26-2012 10:42 AM

If $$$ is your primary concern, you would not like my suggestion -- Beach Club.

If you can score a discount (PIN, FD, or Florida Resident) you'll have all you want in one location.

DisneyJanFeb2008 12-26-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryz (Post 46994305)
If $$$ is your primary concern, you would not like my suggestion -- Beach Club.

If you can score a discount (PIN, FD, or Florida Resident) you'll have all you want in one location.

Thanks, I should've mentioned that WLV, BCV, BWV, etc. are all booked the time we want to go!

larryz 12-26-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyJanFeb2008 (Post 46994316)
Thanks, I should've mentioned that WLV, BCV, BWV, etc. are all booked the time we want to go!

Keep checking back -- people cancel all the time, and especially around the 45-day point...

minnie mum 12-26-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyJanFeb2008 (Post 46994272)
Looking for advice on where to book! Situation is as follows: looking to travel March 18-25 (seven nights), three small children, top criteria is walking from our room to the main transportation area/food/pool (hate internal buses w/in the resort) and a themed pool. We typically stay at parks all day and don't come back to resort until the evening for bed.

My best pricing options are:

OKW - $1,482
SS - $1,563
CBR - $1,680 (pricing based on forthcoming Jan. 3 promo rates)
AKV savanna room - $1,813

Not sure if it's worth it to pay additional $ for AKL since we have to take all buses to parks there like we were at a moderate. And we like the beach feeling so may enjoy being able to have a cocktail at the Caribbean Beach for example. Really missed upscale feeling/Disney theming when we stayed at the Swan last year but loved the location. So we'd enjoy the AKV for that reason. We've stayed at the WLV (loved!) and SS (hated internal buses) in the past too. Thanks!!!!

Is your youngest child under 3 yrs of age? If the answer is no, then CBR is out- max occupancy is 4 + infant. Plus it has internal buses. If your youngest us under 3, then you could pay extra for a preferred room so you wouldn't have as far to walk to Old Port Royale for meals/drinks, but you would still have to ride the circuit of bus stops going to and from the parks.

AKL has similar occupancy restrictions in its standard rooms. AKV does not have standard rooms- it's standard offering is a studio, which also has a max occupancy of 4. But they both have fabulous theming and great pools. Our favourite deluxe. Again, if you can stay at AKL, I would request a room close to an elevator to reduce the long walk to the lobby from some of the rooms.

DisneyJanFeb2008 12-26-2012 11:43 AM

Yes, youngest is under age 3. Leaning toward OKW for savings since we don't spend much time at the resorts if we can be near hospitality house but now I hear those buildings are sold out - ughhh.

bcrook 12-26-2012 12:10 PM

Go for the savanna view room! AKV is beautiful, and I have always found the busses to be great. The pool area at Kidani is fun for kids, and they have a nice bar there too.

OKW Lover 12-26-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyJanFeb2008 (Post 46994272)
top criteria is walking from our room to the main transportation area/food/pool (hate internal buses w/in the resort) and a themed pool.

Three of the four resorts you list have internal busses - only AK doesn't.

Sue M 12-26-2012 03:58 PM

I would pick AKL Jambo house. We like Zebra Trail because it's on the same side as food court and pool. Everything is under 1 roof, so no walking from far off buildings or internal bus. And has a great pool, and good food court with plenty of seating.
Kidani is nice, but lacking a food court. Only has a TS restaurant and soda fountain in gift shop.

Dizzytime 12-26-2012 07:00 PM

I'd consider SS, with a location close enough to walk to DD.Sounds like a great time to me, and not a bad location at all

If you had a big budget you'd probably be considering monorail resort, too, with the kids and all, but otherwise I do like being close to DD and everything they offer....including their busses.
Wherever you choose I know you'll have a great time.

:goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.