The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Visa gift card (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3036379)

DisneyFan907 12-25-2012 08:50 PM

Visa gift card

I got a few Visa gift cards for Christmas, will the ship accept them as payment on board?

Thanks

erinsmom03 12-25-2012 08:54 PM

I would assume that they would. I know that they take Disney gift cards, and since they have the Visa logo, it seems they would work fine!

Gilland18 12-25-2012 09:12 PM

They took my Discover gift card.

DisneyFan907 12-25-2012 09:48 PM

Okay thanks! Otherwise I figured could just go buy Disney gift cards and pay for them with the visa. But it's easier if they would just accept the visa haha.

Kimosabe 12-26-2012 07:45 AM

We recently used both a Disney VISA rewards card (redeeming points) and a random VISA gift card that someone gave us early for Christmas. Just took both to the front desk on the ship, and they were immediately applied to our account. Very simple and straightforward and did not take but a couple of minutes to deal with it.

bitlerzx4 12-26-2012 10:57 AM

I didn't even think to do that!! Random visa gift cards can be used toward your account at the end of the cruise???

sayhello 12-26-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitlerzx4 (Post 46994804)
I didn't even think to do that!! Random visa gift cards can be used toward your account at the end of the cruise???

Yes, they can. Only your KTTW card can be used to actually make purchases onboard, but Guest Services will accept just about any kind of payment to apply to your account.

Just remember, if you use Gift Cards, hang on to them! If you have a balance left from them at the end of the cruise, the balance will be re-applied to the Gift Card it came from.

Sayhello

jahber 12-26-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayhello
Yes, they can. Only your KTTW card can be used to actually make purchases onboard, but Guest Services will accept just about any kind of payment to apply to your account.

Just remember, if you use Gift Cards, hang on to them! If you have a balance left from them at the end of the cruise, the balance will be re-applied to the Gift Card it came from.

Sayhello

Just to clarify, you can use Disney gift cards to pay for purchases in the gift shops (at least on the Dream and Fantasy). We give one to each kid as spending money. I though I read somewhere that the shops also accept credit cards, but I can't confirm.

bitlerzx4 12-27-2012 09:14 AM

That is awesome. Thank you.

GreenMonster12 12-27-2012 09:22 AM

We went on the Fantasy in September and applied about $400 in Disney Gift cards and Visa gift cards. One suggestion is wait to go to Guest Services a few hours after you leave port because something with their computer system can't activate them until you set sail. A guest services cast member accidentally deactivated one of ours and it took a few days for us to get the correct funds applied to our account. It's great to use gift cards on your account. We loved having the extra money there!