Just booked Animal Kingdom Savanna View Bunk Bed room - Questions
I just booked a Animal Kingdom Savanna View Bunk Bed room for my family from 12/2/13 - 12/13/2013 (11 nights) + 10 day park tickets (not hopper).
- When does all of the Christmas stuff go up? I'm assuming it's before December starts, correct? We want to be there to see it all!
- Any tips for this room or for the Animal Kingdom resort in general? Never stayed there and our last stay was at Grand Floridian.
- The total came out to $6790 (includes the four 10-day tickets). Did I get screwed over on price? If I got an AP would it be cheaper? Or are there any promo codes or deals that I missed?
- Are the Savanna Views worth it? Do they all get good views of the animals?
Thanks for the tips,
2. The wings to the farthest rooms at AKL are quite a hike from the lobby. If this matters, you might want to request a room closer to an elevator. There is a lot to see and do at AKL. You might want to spend some time on the AKL thread.
3. You are booking for a whole year in advance. There are never any discounts that far out. It is early enough in Dec. that Disney may POSSIBLY offer a discount of some sort later next year. You can take a look at the mousesavers.com list of historical resort discounts which will show when particular discounts have been offered in previous years. Bear in mind that there is never a guarantee that a discount will still be offered in the future. As for whether or not an AP is a better deal, you will have to do the Disney math for yourself. It would be different for every family depending on their preferences.
4.The whole point of paying extra for a Savannah view room is to be able to see the animals. Again, there is never a guarantee that a particular animal will be within your view at any given time. But we have never seen the savannah empty whenever we've been there. If you are given a room with a view that you do not like for some reason, you can always go to the front desk (DON"T PHONE) and ask for a different room.
We were just there and the Savannah view is good. We saw lots of animals from both views. The giraffes seems to travel in groups. You will see 3 or 4 at a time. Loved seeing them. They look like they are trying to eat the trees. Saw lots of zebras and antelope also.
We could also see the flamingo pool from our room. Lots of pink flamingos.
They put food out for the animals early am (we saw them about 6:30am) and that brings the animals there. They know you paid to see animals and work to have them in view.
Have a great time. The tree is amazing and they have a photopass photographer there to take pictures. Daisy and Donald were there one afternoon for 4 hours by the tree for pictures and another day Mickey and Minnie were there from 4-8 for pictures. This is great because the lines are not long.
If you have children, they do a neat thing in the evening. The children are given drums and they beat on them and follow a cast member dressed in african clothing through the lobby. The tree lights are turned off for about 1/2 hour and the kids have to use MAGIC to turn them back on.
After that they sat on the floor and were taught how to beat the drums.
The kids activities in the lobby are fun. They have one where they do metal rubbings. There is a large medallion on the floor with animals, trees, etc. You walk right over it all the time and pay no attention. Well, put a piece of paper over it -- take crayons and rub and the designs transfer to the paper. There is a cast member who shows you how. Some of the pictures were amazing and many parents were doing it also.
We loved Animal Kingdom and hope you do also!!! Have a great time.
Thanks for the tips!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.