The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   POR bus (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035750)

augusta1 12-23-2012 09:59 AM

POR bus

Is it true they share with POFQ? I was thinking that POR had their own busses and didn't share. For those that have stayed there, if you do share the busses is it a long wait and crowded? (anymore than usual at a busy time) :)

chimilady 12-23-2012 10:25 AM

yes, they share. And IMO it was awful. There was no bus stop near us, so we went to the main one, and they always stop at POFQ first, then they stop at all of the outside stops at POR and make the main one last. It's the reason we wil never stay at POR again.

PixieDustFanatic 12-23-2012 10:45 AM

I had the exact opposite experience. We stayed at POR last February. They did not share busses all the time, and we found that the bus always went to the main bus stop first. So, I guess it can vary. We loved POR, and felt the busses came very frequently. I would stay there again without question. We thought the bus service was great!!

mamamary 12-23-2012 11:11 AM

We stayed at POFQ this past June. I hate to say it but we stopped at POR almost every trip for 7 days. By the time the bus got to POR it was at least half full - if not more. So when POR guests got on many had to stand.

AuroraRora 12-23-2012 11:49 AM

When we stayed at POFQ, we almost never shared a bus with POR. The only exceptions were coming home from EMH at night, when we'd drop off at the POR stops before we got to POFQ

TaraPA 12-23-2012 12:20 PM

We stayed at POR in October & not once did we share with POFQ. There are 3 or 4 stops in POR though, and we did have some very longs waits to get to parks.

minnie mum 12-23-2012 12:34 PM

As you can see from the PPs- POFQ MAY share a bus with POR, but not always. It varies from park to park, day to day, and even time of day on the same day. It all depends on demand and is determined by the elves in the transportation dispatch department, not the individual resorts.

creativeamanda 12-23-2012 01:07 PM

I think it has to do with whether or not both resorts are to capacity or not. I've been there when we shared and then again when we did not. One year, it was so crowded for the buses that Disney contracted with Meares to do some transportation. I think the more close to capacity, the less chance of sharing buses, but the likelihood is high if it is off season.

Pinkgirl 12-23-2012 01:16 PM

We found that the buses didnot share before 9am. Sharing on return also depends on which park. MK has stops for both resorts but AK only has one.

We have also stayed when they have used Mears for extra buses. If you get a Mears to MK make sure the driver takes you to MK. We were dropped off at the TTC!!!!

augusta1 12-23-2012 01:29 PM

We will be there from 3/30-4/6
Thank you everyone, this helps!

I Love Pluto 12-23-2012 01:59 PM

At crowded times - each will have their own buses. At slower crowd level times, then they share. I always enjoy my bus rides, no matter how many stops. The bus drivers are interesting with their stories & facts - and it is nice just to sit & veg after park time.

NikkiLovesWDW! 12-23-2012 02:21 PM

I asked a bus driver at POR because I noticed sometimes the main stop was first and sometimes it was last - I was told it depends on which park you are going to/coming from that determines the order of bus stops.

Missytara 12-23-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW!
I asked a bus driver at POR because I noticed sometimes the main stop was first and sometimes it was last - I was told it depends on which park you are going to/coming from that determines the order of bus stops.

That is correct, the order is on the POR thread and on portorleans.org.

nkereina 12-23-2012 02:36 PM

I've stayed at POR twice in September, which is low crowd value season, and they only shared with POFQ on some days in the middle of the day, and the bus was not crowded. It was only during the slowest time of day that they shared. The rest of the times we took the bus at night and in the morning, each resort had their own bus. I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

shoney 12-23-2012 02:40 PM

we were at POR last february for a week over President's weekend. It was very crowded.

We often shared a bus with POFQ.

DH and I wouldn't take a seat at all. Just stood by the back stairwell. The kids sat when/if they could.

It was our first onsite trip, so I have nothing to compare it to.

I just know by day 2...my DH asked me "why didn't we rent a car?":rotfl2: