The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Magical Express (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035669)

gummybear091 12-22-2012 08:18 PM

Magical Express
 
Please let me know if you have encountered this before.

My mother made reservations for a vacation package for my family. My sister and I live in different states than my parents. Upon making the reservation, my mother asked if they would be able to send the magical express vouchers to her and my dad and also to my sister and me. THAT CM said they could and to just call back once we had our flight information and address information.

My mom calls today and the CM told her that they could only send the vouchers to her and then she would have to then turn around and send them back to my sister and I. The CM said she would receive them at least 10 days out.

Surely that will be enough time to send them to us. However, where's the magic in that?? Shouldn't Disney be making this as easy as possible? And why are 2 CMs telling us 2 different things? It's very frustrating.

Missyrose 12-22-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear091
Please let me know if you have encountered this before.

My mother made reservations for a vacation package for my family. My sister and I live in different states than my parents. Upon making the reservation, my mother asked if they would be able to send the magical express vouchers to her and my dad and also to my sister and me. THAT CM said they could and to just call back once we had our flight information and address information.

My mom calls today and the CM told her that they could only send the vouchers to her and then she would have to then turn around and send them back to my sister and I. The CM said she would receive them at least 10 days out.

Surely that will be enough time to send them to us. However, where's the magic in that?? Shouldn't Disney be making this as easy as possible? And why are 2 CMs telling us 2 different things? It's very frustrating.

They will only send the DME packet to the lead person on the reservation, then it's up to you to divy up the tags.

gummybear091 12-22-2012 09:36 PM

So why did the first CM say something totally different?

Also, from what I remember from my past trips. You get the yellow tags to put on your baggage in addition to a voucher in your packet. I remember that you had to have the voucher in order to get on the magical express. So if they only send out one... then what do we do? Am I then forced to wait for the rest of my family for hours in the airport?

ls3015 12-22-2012 09:45 PM

Make your own bookings and have Disney link them together, problem solved:lmao::lmao::lmao:

gummybear091 12-22-2012 09:49 PM

It's a 1 bedroom villa... I don't think that's possible...

ls3015 12-22-2012 10:00 PM

The only way for you to know is call them and request seperate bookings linked together, don't just assume. :faint::faint::faint:

gummybear091 12-22-2012 10:08 PM

How could I do 2 seperate bookings on 1 room? I could see this of we had 2 rooms, but it is just one room.

ErinsMommy 12-22-2012 10:29 PM

my guess would be Disney's computers doesn't have the ability to store more than the lead person's address and send out one reservation's DME package to 3 different people/addresses.

suemom2kay 12-22-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear091 (Post 46978442)
So why did the first CM say something totally different?

no one has the answer to this question. Many misinformed CM's throughout Disney...


Quote:

Also, from what I remember from my past trips. You get the yellow tags to put on your baggage in addition to a voucher in your packet. I remember that you had to have the voucher in order to get on the magical express. So if they only send out one... then what do we do? Am I then forced to wait for the rest of my family for hours in the airport?
Your Mom can send you your luggage tags. There are separate tags for each member listed on the reservation. The same goes for the vouchers to get on DME. Your Mom can just separate your vouchers from the book and send them to you.

The reason Disney won't send them directly to you is that it would be a database nightmare to keep all those separate addresses and voucer books. Then when it got messed up, what would you do???? One reservation, one mailing of one packet. Otherwise it would be quite unmanageable.

patty57 12-23-2012 06:06 AM

FWIW, I think Disney contracts DME out to Mears and they handle all of this. I don't believe Disney has anything to do with it, other than passing along the reservation.

CanadianGuy 12-24-2012 09:33 AM

Sadly, many CM's are as much or more misinformed as any regular person on the street.

Its all part and parcel of the minimal training and slipping standards I've noted in my 15 years of going to the parks.

Having said that, I would write a note and just let Disney know via WDW Guest Communications that they have a CM in reservations who isn't properly trained and is misinforming guests.

boocake 12-24-2012 09:48 AM

It is definitely not unheard of to hear different things from different CM's (I agree, frustrating, but I figure some are newer than others, some have been there a long time and seen many strange scenarios, etc.). I called to upgrade my POR reservation to a Royal room one evening, and the CM told me there were none available. I was bummed out until I decided to call again 5 minutes later and ask someone else, and they were able to book one for me with no issue.

NMAmy 12-25-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear091 (Post 46978442)
So why did the first CM say something totally different?

Also, from what I remember from my past trips. You get the yellow tags to put on your baggage in addition to a voucher in your packet. I remember that you had to have the voucher in order to get on the magical express. So if they only send out one... then what do we do? Am I then forced to wait for the rest of my family for hours in the airport?

Your mom can send you both the yellow tags and the vouchers. If you don't get the items in time, you can check in at the counter without the vouchers. You'd have to pick up your own luggage but you wouldn't be stuck at the airport waiting for the rest of the family.

My adult dd lives across the country. Each trip, I mail her the vouchers. We haven't had an issue yet with her getting them in time for the trip. (Although she did misplace her voucher--that's how I know you can check in at the counter. ;))

Bee2u 12-25-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMAmy (Post 46989306)
Your mom can send you both the yellow tags and the vouchers. If you don't get the items in time, you can check in at the counter without the vouchers. You'd have to pick up your own luggage but you wouldn't be stuck at the airport waiting for the rest of the family.

I forgot to put on my yellow tags last month when we went, but asked at the counter and showed them my luggage claim ticket (from the airline) and they had no problem retrieving my luggage and bringing it to the resort, so as long as she has the correct info and ID she should be ok even if she doesn't get the tags in time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.