The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   AP's to get 20 FP+ per quarter (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3034935)

mousermerf 12-20-2012 08:41 AM

AP's to get 20 FP+ per quarter
 
So the rumor coming down the pipeline is that in addition to everything we've learned about Resort guests via the tests and website info, that Annual Passholders will be allotted FastPass+ per quarter - like January to March - to use whenever they want as long as they are within the FP+ guidelines (4 per day at MK, no multiple-park reservations - essentially same rules as resort guests).

The number being tossed around as the allotment per Annual Pass is 20 per quarter.

Discuss.

mom2rtk 12-20-2012 08:46 AM

This could be fun reading on a cold snowy day.

DebbieB 12-20-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousermerf (Post 46962202)
So the rumor coming down the pipeline is that in addition to everything we've learned about Resort guests via the tests and website info, that Annual Passholders will be allotted FastPass+ per quarter - like January to March - to use whenever they want as long as they are within the FP+ guidelines (4 per day at MK, no multiple-park reservations - essentially same rules as resort guests).

The number being tossed around as the allotment per Annual Pass is 20 per quarter.

Discuss.

What if you are both? AP Holder and Resort Guest. It would be great to get both!

Suellen 12-20-2012 08:53 AM

20 DAYS per quarter? Or 20 FP's per quarter?

We go to the parks at least once a week... so if it is 20 FP's per quarter then it is essentially useless to us.

mousermerf 12-20-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suellen (Post 46962283)
20 DAYS per quarter? Or 20 FP's per quarter?

We go to the parks at least once a week... so if it is 20 FP's per quarter then it is essentially useless to us.

FP+'s per quarter. So essentially 5 Magic Kingdom days, since it allows 4 FP+ per day. Same rules at Resort Guests, so only one park per day.

Suellen 12-20-2012 08:58 AM

Except most resort guests are only there 5-7 days. So they get it each day they pay for park entrance essentially.

I think that policy stinks for AP holders. Figures...

mousermerf 12-20-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suellen (Post 46962320)
Except most resort guests are only there 5-7 days. So they get it each day they pay for park entrance essentially.

I think that policy stinks for AP holders. Figures...

Most AP holders only visit 13 days in a year.. You're way above the average.

Suellen 12-20-2012 09:05 AM

Well we live 5 miles to the gate... so yeah we go often. Luckily we don't care if we see certain things on certain days.

Summers though where we can go even more often and it will be busy will be useless to have 5 days the entire summer....?? Crazy punishment for being local.

mousermerf 12-20-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suellen (Post 46962361)
Well we live 5 miles to the gate... so yeah we go often. Luckily we don't care if we see certain things on certain days.

Summers though where we can go even more often and it will be busy will be useless to have 5 days the entire summer....?? Crazy punishment for being local.

So you should be allowed to ride Space Mountain with little or no wait 20+ times in a year while a tourist should have to wait 2 hours or more to ride it once....?

Suellen 12-20-2012 09:12 AM

Why should my wait on any given day be longer then a tourist? Given appropriate planning on my part?

mesaboy2 12-20-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousermerf (Post 46962202)
So the rumor coming down the pipeline is that in addition to everything we've learned about Resort guests via the tests and website info, that Annual Passholders will be allotted FastPass+ per quarter - like January to March - to use whenever they want as long as they are within the FP+ guidelines (4 per day at MK, no multiple-park reservations - essentially same rules as resort guests).

The number being tossed around as the allotment per Annual Pass is 20 per quarter.

Discuss.

Assuming that's true for a moment, would having these FP+s preclude access to regular FPs (as it apparently would resort guests) I wonder.... And would these be mutually-exclusive items only for days selected for FP+ use, for the quarter, or for the duration of the AP....

Discuss. ;)

mousermerf 12-20-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2 (Post 46962417)
Assuming that's true for a moment, would having these FP+s preclude access to regular FPs (as it apparently would resort guests) I wonder.... And would these be mutually-exclusive items only for days selected for FP+ use, for the quarter, or for the duration of the AP....

Discuss. ;)

Conversion to a RFID pass (required for FP+) is permanent and specifically excludes use of regular FP. The terms clearly spell this out on the WDW website.

WILDERNESS FAN 55 12-20-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousermerf (Post 46962391)
So you should be allowed to ride Space Mountain with little or no wait 20+ times in a year while a tourist should have to wait 2 hours or more to ride it once....?

:thumbsup2 Why , when people are given something as a perk, is it NEVER ENOUGH !!!!!

Suellen 12-20-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2 (Post 46962417)
Assuming that's true for a moment, would having these FP+s preclude access to regular FPs (as it apparently would resort guests) I wonder.... And would these be mutually-exclusive items for days selected for FP+ use, for the quarter, or for the duration of the AP....

Discuss. ;)

I'm not sure I follow you. So if we used the FP+ for say MK and then went over to Epcot... we would be unable to use the FP system there at all?

Or are you saying that we will no longer have access to regular FP at all?

That would be even worse. :rolleyes:

Suellen 12-20-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 (Post 46962432)
:thumbsup2 Why , when people are given something as a perk, is it NEVER ENOUGH !!!!!

I personally don't consider this a perk.

That is why it isn't ENOUGH.

:rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.