The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Meets (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Short but Sweet 6th Aug 2013 Magical Med (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3034316)

bats 12-18-2012 09:33 AM

Short but Sweet 6th Aug 2013 Magical Med

Dear all .... my partner Mick and I are booked on this cruise, as well as the 7 night following it. Our first ever B2B, but our 3rd and 4th Med cruise on the Magic.

If anyone is joining us, please say hello here!

Joa :thumbsup2

IrishCowboy 12-27-2012 03:08 PM

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

Goofylou 01-01-2013 04:34 PM

Me too!

Hi,
I will be on the 4 night med cruise on this date too - first cruise ever so just a short one to see how it is!:)

bats 01-08-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofylou
Hi,
I will be on the 4 night med cruise on this date too - first cruise ever so just a short one to see how it is!:)

Cool ... Are you from the UK? I can't see your location (if it's there) as I'm on my IPad.

This will be our 7th Disney cruise (3rd on the Magic) so if you have any questions at all, fire away!!!

Joa

Goofylou 01-20-2013 02:38 PM

I am in UK - Suffolk. Thanks - i will remember you have been on a few cruises and will probably have some questions nearer the time. My main prob is travel sickness but have been assured the cruise ship should be OK!
Its Me, DH and DD10 booked.

bats 01-22-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofylou (Post 47249790)
I am in UK - Suffolk. Thanks - i will remember you have been on a few cruises and will probably have some questions nearer the time. My main prob is travel sickness but have been assured the cruise ship should be OK!
Its Me, DH and DD10 booked.

Lots of people I know who suffer from sickness either take tablets or use the sea bands. Have you tried either?

The ships don't really move like ferries .. they have stabilisers if the weather turns, but August in the Med is very calm normally.:thumbsup2

Are you going to get off the ship, or just stay onboard and enjoy the free food? Don't forget that you can take your own alcohol onboard DCL, so a bottle of wine or 2, or some cans if that's your preference.

It's just got to be in your hand luggage ok .. you must carry it on, not give it to the porters to load onto the ship with your main luggage.
:)

julmops 03-14-2013 10:44 AM

Looking at booking this one for a fix between 2 Caribbean ones ... Most likely to happen but I will give you the update once it's done ! Probably in the next few days !

julmops 03-14-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julmops (Post 47795807)
Looking at booking this one for a fix between 2 Caribbean ones ... Most likely to happen but I will give you the update once it's done ! Probably in the next few days !

It was actually quicker than I thought but my partner booked us on this cruise just minutes ago !! Saying I'm excited is an understatement !!!

bats 03-27-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julmops

It was actually quicker than I thought but my partner booked us on this cruise just minutes ago !! Saying I'm excited is an understatement !!!

Welcome aboard!! Who are your other cruises with?
Joa

julmops 04-02-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bats (Post 47922880)
Welcome aboard!! Who are your other cruises with?
Joa

All with Disney ! We were on the Fantasy for the Eastern Carribean in Jan and we'll be on the Fantasy again next Jan for the Western :cool1:

MJ6987 04-23-2013 05:38 PM

Hi, me, my wife and daughter (14) are going on this one as well (from UK). First ever cruise! :)

julmops 04-24-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ6987 (Post 48192368)
Hi, me, my wife and daughter (14) are going on this one as well (from UK). First ever cruise! :)

Welcome MJ ! I'm sure you will love it ! You're in for a treat !!! Second Disney Cruise for us. If you have any questions, don't hesitate !

Goofylou 04-28-2013 02:23 PM

Do either of you think there will be a pirate night? Looking at the info i am unsure!
Do the day trips leaving the boat usually get booked quite quickly?

TIA - feeling too chilled about this trip,so used to DWD/DL planning to extremes

MJ6987 05-03-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofylou (Post 48237646)
Do either of you think there will be a pirate night? Looking at the info i am unsure!
Do the day trips leaving the boat usually get booked quite quickly?

TIA - feeling too chilled about this trip,so used to DWD/DL planning to extremes

On the Pirate night question, there is another 4 night Med Cruise on 9th July, if we can get hold of the Navigators for that one I'd guess ours will be pretty similar if not the same?

julmops 05-08-2013 01:38 PM

Booked excursions and Palo brunch and dinner today !! 90 days to go !!!!