The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What's going on in the 1st week of September? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033448)

Liberator 12-15-2012 03:05 PM

What's going on in the 1st week of September?

Our travel dates will be in Sep. 2013, the earlier the better.

Just checked some rates for the first week, but there are so many rooms which are not bookable anymore.
e. g. Standard Rooms at Wilderness Lodge, Wing Rooms and BayLake Rooms at CR etc.

Will there be anything special? I thought this is a veeeery slow time and the crowds start growing mid-September again

Mom2six 12-15-2012 04:21 PM

Are you looking at the time over labor day weekend? I know that weekend is busier, so maybe that is the problem. :confused3 The second week of September is a little slower than the first week. This past September, we went from the middle of the 1st week to the end of the second week. The crowds were very light overall.

nkereina 12-16-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberator (Post 46930971)
Our travel dates will be in Sep. 2013, the earlier the better.

Just checked some rates for the first week, but there are so many rooms which are not bookable anymore.
e. g. Standard Rooms at Wilderness Lodge, Wing Rooms and BayLake Rooms at CR etc.

Will there be anything special? I thought this is a veeeery slow time and the crowds start growing mid-September again

The slowest time is mid-late September, IMO. Most, if not all, schools are back in full gear by then. The first Monday of September is an American holiday called Labor Day where everyone has off from work and school that day, and its a very busy weekend at WDW. I know here, some kids don't start school until the Wednesday after Labor Day or even the following Monday after Labor day, so that first week of September means some last minute vacations. I would wait until the second week of September at least, if you can swing it.

Liberator 12-16-2012 12:58 PM

Thanks for the information!

I wouldn't be any problem at all to start the vacation on the 8th or 9th of September :cool1:

D&R love Disney 12-16-2012 05:16 PM

Right after Labor Day it's really quiet. Our favorite time to go!

chocovrdmicears 12-16-2012 05:23 PM

Free Dining is typically offered that time of year - perhaps people are booking rooms in anticipation?

Missytara 12-16-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears
Free Dining is typically offered that time of year - perhaps people are booking rooms in anticipation?

That would be my exact answer.

While the NE goes back to school pre-Labor Day, many other schools do not.

I would knowing for the past several years, FD is offered that same time every year. It is a no-brainer to convert your existing ressie to FD when it is released.

Liberator 12-17-2012 02:53 AM

I am praying for general discounts, 30 % or maybe 35 % off for Deluxe Resorts

or for a PinCode...
oooh holy PinCode Machine :worship::worship:

fla4fun 12-17-2012 08:54 AM

Also, if you are looking at a range of days, it may be only one day that doesn't have availability in the room type you are looking for.