The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Online Check-In: Now 60 Days Out? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033217)

KuyaJeff 12-14-2012 09:47 PM

Online Check-In: Now 60 Days Out?

WDW just whipped out their latest iteration of the site, check out this in their FAQ section.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/online-check-in/ :goodvibes

softballmom3 12-14-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuyaJeff
WDW just whipped out their latest iteration of the site, check out this in their FAQ section.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/online-check-in/ :goodvibes

?? I clicked on link and it stated error page not found.

stevb 12-15-2012 12:10 AM

I couldn't pull up the link either. Got an error message also.

ThisIsJason 12-15-2012 02:43 AM

I think if you haven't switched to the new Disney website design it won't load.

Yep. 60 days. Do you really need 2 months to check in?

softballmom3 12-15-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsJason (Post 46928487)
I think if you haven't switched to the new Disney website design it won't load.

Yep. 60 days. Do you really need 2 months to check in?

Yep you were correct. Once I switched to new version it loaded fine.

Mousemommy1 12-15-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softballmom3 (Post 46929463)
Yep you were correct. Once I switched to new version it loaded fine.

How do you switch to the new version? :confused3

Good Morning Dewdrop 12-15-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 (Post 46929496)

whew glad to know I'm not the only one that is confused!

BCV23 12-15-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 (Post 46929496)

At the top of the page, it asked if I wanted to switch to the new version.

Love the 60 days as for me it is just makes the trip that much closer. Doesn't mean you have to do it at 60 days. :goodvibes

Oh, and I had trouble using Firefox. Could get to the new version but then got an error message at some point. Google Chrome did work for me.

softballmom3 12-15-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCV23

Love the 60 days as for me it is just makes the trip that much closer. Doesn't mean you have to do it at 60 days. :goodvibes

Oh, and I had trouble using Firefox. Could get to the new version but then got an error message at some point. Google Chrome did work for me.

This :). There was text in the upper right portion of the screen to prompt it. I still don't know if I like it or not though.

Mousemommy1 12-15-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCV23 (Post 46929618)

Oh, maybe that's not showing up because I'm on my iPad?? :confused3

Maybe I'll hop on my laptop later.

jimandami 12-15-2012 11:24 AM

I tried to do online check-in for our January trip just now, though, and it said unavailable, check back later.

fla4fun 12-15-2012 11:25 AM

I don't know about needing 60 days advance check in. Too many things can happen. What if you need to cancel or move your dates or even want to change your resort and you've already done the online check in? Are there any issues with that? Maybe it has something to do with the whole "make your ride reservations at home" process, but considering Disney doesn't do the final tweek to their hours until about two weeks out, they would need to get their ducks in a row before it could be really helpful.

I would feel comfortable at 15 days. Jury Duty notices are mailed in my county four weeks ahead, so I can be reasonably sure I won't get one by 15 days out.

Personally, I'd rather they would do it like Hilton properties do. There is only a 36 hour window for online check in, but you get to select your room number when you do the check in process. I would like the ability to see what rooms are open and make my choice in advance.

goofy78 12-15-2012 11:40 AM

Anyone have a hard time retrieving their ressie? I could pull mine up fine on the old version but the new version can not find it. I entered my confirmation number, last name, date of check in and hotel but it keeps saying ressie can not be found as entered. I booked through AAA. :confused3

fla4fun 12-15-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofy78 (Post 46930006)
Anyone have a hard time retrieving their ressie? I could pull mine up fine on the old version but the new version can not find it. I entered my confirmation number, last name, date of check in and hotel but it keeps saying ressie can not be found as entered. I booked through AAA. :confused3

Are you sure you are using the Disney confirmation number and not an AAA itinerary number or something? I just did the upgrade, and uploaded my trip for next month that I booked through a third party. I did get a message halfway through the process that said their system could not access all the details of the reservation, but it did locate it and it's on the My Reservations page.

I use three different computers in the course of the day, so I'm going to leave one on the old site at least until I'm sure my online check in for next month goes through right.

goofyfigment 12-15-2012 11:47 AM

I tried to do online check in today and was told to try again later. We check in on dec 30th so its only 15 days out.