The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ticket question - AP renewal with 7-day ticket (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033100)

bgula 12-14-2012 02:58 PM

Ticket question - AP renewal with 7-day ticket
 
OK - we are heading to DW in a few days and my DS's AP is up for renewal. I have a 7-day base ticket which I got thru Airmiles. Before I head to Guest Relations, I just want to make sure I can do what I want to do.

First things first - can I renew his AP using the value of the 7-day ticket, or do I have to upgrade the 7-day ticket to a new AP? I have reviewed CF's ticket guide just today, but I don't see this option covered. I think it was a couple of years ago in the guide, but I don't see it anymore, which is why I'm not sure what avenue I can go.

Anyway, if I assume for now that I can renew, here's what my math tells me. This is, of course, after using the ticket once to bridge it.

Value of 7-day adult ticket = $288

AP renewal - $529

AP - 7-day = $241

So, I should have to pay an extra $241 + tax to renew his annual pass.

Does this sound correct? Any problems with this plan?

bumbershoot 12-14-2012 04:46 PM

It *should* be fine.


But know your numbers. Write it all down. Bring that piece of paper with you. Don't leave anything to chance or memory.


The one BIG issue reported here, about 2 years ago, was caused by CMs not knowing their jobs while someone was renewing their AP using a ticket like you are doing. Ultimately, it should have all been OK, but the CMs really really REALLY made it seem like it shouldn't have happened.

So know your stuff, and don't be afraid to take your tickets back and just walk away from the situation.

Cheshire Figment 12-14-2012 05:49 PM

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-G (and, to an extent, 18-C), you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

bgula 12-14-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment (Post 46926356)
If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-G (and, to an extent, 18-C), you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Thanks - I did review it, but did miss the small bit at the end of 15-G. It's what I remember from when I tried this a few years ago, but was denied - and because the ticket had been used for a couple of days, they wouldn't credit me the full amount of the ticket. I'm not going to "buckle under" this time.

bgula 12-18-2012 11:42 PM

Just wanted to post that I did the renewal today at the MK GR and the guy was great. No problem using the 7-day to renew the AP. He even bridged the ticket without me having to go thru the gate with it first. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Robo 12-19-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgula (Post 46954072)
Just wanted to post that I did the renewal today at the MK GR and the guy was great. No problem using the 7-day to renew the AP.

He even bridged the ticket without me having to go thru the gate with it first.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Congrats on getting this accomplished.

However, why did you attempt to do the upgrade BEFORE using your ticket to go into a park?

Disney_Princess83 12-19-2012 07:51 AM

That sounds right :thumbsup2 Make sure that you know the exact numbers when you go to upgrade your ticket. If the person says it can't be done, or it should be more, ask to speak to a supervisor or walk away and go somewhere else. There have been countless threads with people being overcharged and CM's saying it's more because you haven't bought the ticket through Disney ect.



Quote:

Originally Posted by bgula (Post 46925333)
OK - we are heading to DW in a few days and my DS's AP is up for renewal. I have a 7-day base ticket which I got thru Airmiles. Before I head to Guest Relations, I just want to make sure I can do what I want to do.

First things first - can I renew his AP using the value of the 7-day ticket, or do I have to upgrade the 7-day ticket to a new AP? I have reviewed CF's ticket guide just today, but I don't see this option covered. I think it was a couple of years ago in the guide, but I don't see it anymore, which is why I'm not sure what avenue I can go.

Anyway, if I assume for now that I can renew, here's what my math tells me. This is, of course, after using the ticket once to bridge it.

Value of 7-day adult ticket = $288

AP renewal - $529

AP - 7-day = $241

So, I should have to pay an extra $241 + tax to renew his annual pass.

Does this sound correct? Any problems with this plan?


bgula 12-23-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo (Post 46954413)
Congrats on getting this accomplished.

However, why did you attempt to do the upgrade BEFORE using your ticket to go into a park?

Mine and my wife's renewal AP's had to be picked up at GR before we could enter the park, so I decided to ask and see what GR would say when I told them what I was planning on doing. The guy agreed that it would work in that manner and offered to handle the transaction at that time, which was great as it saved having to line up again.

Robo 12-23-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgula (Post 46978997)
Mine and my wife's renewal AP's had to be picked up at GR before we could enter the park, so I decided to ask and see what GR would say when I told them what I was planning on doing. The guy agreed that it would work in that manner and offered to handle the transaction at that time, which was great as it saved having to line up again.

That's great.
Thanks for explaining.

I didn't want anyone reading to think that this was some sort of new policy, and anyone could automatically get the correct upgrade price without using the ticket first.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.