The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ok so let me get this straight... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033091)

PoohDoll 12-14-2012 02:20 PM

Ok so let me get this straight...
 
Were booked on our first ever cruise Sept. 8th 2013 going on the Dream.We've never cruised before but I heard you can eat whatever you want ..Is this true?Like if we go to the sit down restaurants and I want two or three appetizers and two diffrent entrees...will they just bring it out to me? Or is there a limit?

Im pooh sized ..so will i be judged? I probaly wont order that much if the waiter has a smirky face or something like that.

Im dieting for our vacation though...so far i've lost 65 pounds..I want to splurge on this vacation and eat until my heart's content!

If I eat dinner in the dining room and than order room service a few hours later will they know ?

This cruise is expensive..i definetly want to get my money's worth with the food.

kcashner 12-14-2012 02:28 PM

YUP, this is true. You can go to dinner and order 3 entrees and 6 desserts if your tummy will allow that much.

We do late dining. We always do a "healthy snack" about 4 pm because there is no way we can go from noon lunch to 8:30ish without something. You can go to the fast food outlets 12 times a day and no one will know (they don't take room numbers there). When entering one of the restaurants, they DO ask for your room number, but it isn't to track how much you are eating. The computer is set up to alert them if anyone in your room has allergies or special needs.

I've been on DCL thru thick and thin...no, you won't be judged by the staff (at least not publically). You will be served pleasantly as much as you wish.

You can eat dinner, then hit the 11pm munchies and THEN order room service if you want--no one cares.

allears 12-14-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoohDoll (Post 46925044)
Were booked on our first ever cruise Sept. 8th 2013 going on the Dream.We've never cruised before but I heard you can eat whatever you want ..Is this true?Like if we go to the sit down restaurants and I want two or three appetizers and two diffrent entrees...will they just bring it out to me? Or is there a limit?

Im pooh sized ..so will i be judged? I probaly wont order that much if the waiter has a smirky face or something like that.

Im dieting for our vacation though...so far i've lost 65 pounds..I want to splurge on this vacation and eat until my heart's content!

If I eat dinner in the dining room and than order room service a few hours later will they know ?

This cruise is expensive..i definetly want to get my money's worth with the food.


Yes, you can order as much and as many of whatever you want at meals. I'm notorious for multiple appetizers! No one will judge and your severs won't think a thing. Also no one keeps track or notices if you order room service, no matter how soon after or before a meal.

Congrats on the weight loss! Just enjoy and don't fret!

dpuck1998 12-14-2012 02:31 PM

eat drink and be merry! no one cares and its all included.

Bear3412 12-14-2012 02:35 PM

:lmao: Order to you hearts content. Yes three appetizers and two entrees. That's what I did a few times. If folk want to judge let them. :) Some may notice your tactic and do the same the next night. :idea: The portions are small.
I don't think they can track your total food consumption. Totals from MDR, room service, and buffet.
Ironically I thought I was going to eat a lot too, however somehow it went the other way. I lost weight on the cruise. I eat more at home, when home. It may have been all the exciting things to do and see about the ship, and all the walking.
Enjoy all you want, don't be rushed. Perhaps you need late seating?
HTH :goodvibes

PoohDoll 12-14-2012 02:44 PM

I have late seating ..I didnt really know the pros and cons on choosing a seating. I do know that i dont want to miss any of the nighttime shows .

PoohDoll 12-14-2012 02:45 PM

Jesus...im gonna die and go to heaven on that cruise! I could easily eat two apps and two entrees ...

Tinkerboy00 12-14-2012 02:51 PM

Very true, you can get whatever you want. In fact if on the second night you want something from the restaurant you ate at on the first night, they will bring it over from the other restaurant. We sat with a couple and the husband only liked one paticular dessert from one paticular restaurant. And you have the same wait staff each night,s o they get to know you.

Soooooo each night they would bring him TWO of the dessert he liked from the first night restaurant even though we were not eating there.

LWQuestie 12-14-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoohDoll (Post 46925206)
I have late seating ..I didnt really know the pros and cons on choosing a seating. I do know that i dont want to miss any of the nighttime shows.

You won't miss the main stage show, regardless of the dinner seating time. The late diners see the show before dinner, and the early diners see the show after dinner.

In general, it seems that families with small kids tend to choose early dinner, and families with older or no kids choose late dinner.

zstyles 12-14-2012 02:57 PM

Our kids even ordered off our menus..they didn't want the kids stuff...and I normally would order all the desserts each night :)

kcashner 12-14-2012 03:27 PM

One cruise, our table of 5 had a standard dessert order--one of each thing each night. We shared a taste, and then ordered whatever we wanted as a "whole one" for ourselves. Sometimes no individual orders, sometimes "I need one of those!"

cigarboo 12-14-2012 03:31 PM

You can eat as much as you want, but please be considerate to the wait staff by ordering what you want and what you think you might want at the beginning when they take your order. It's just more chaos and stress trying to get the kitchen to prepare more dinner entrees when they've already moved on to desserts.

MissDaisyofTexas 12-14-2012 04:15 PM

We never ordered anything extra on our cruise last summer, but our server brought out some extra dishes anyway. He'd say "Oh but you just have to try this!" On our last night, we had 5 desserts for the 2 of us!

dbarker 12-14-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoohDoll (Post 46925044)
Were booked on our first ever cruise Sept. 8th 2013 going on the Dream.We've never cruised before but I heard you can eat whatever you want ..Is this true?Like if we go to the sit down restaurants and I want two or three appetizers and two diffrent entrees...will they just bring it out to me? Or is there a limit?

Im pooh sized ..so will i be judged? I probaly wont order that much if the waiter has a smirky face or something like that.

Im dieting for our vacation though...so far i've lost 65 pounds..I want to splurge on this vacation and eat until my heart's content!

If I eat dinner in the dining room and than order room service a few hours later will they know ?

This cruise is expensive..i definetly want to get my money's worth with the food.

Congratulations on the weight loss. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

gumbo1009 12-14-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigarboo (Post 46925549)
You can eat as much as you want, but please be considerate to the wait staff by ordering what you want and what you think you might want at the beginning when they take your order. It's just more chaos and stress trying to get the kitchen to prepare more dinner entrees when they've already moved on to desserts.

Dumb question: if I don't like the soup/salad options, can I (up-front) request an appetizer as my 2nd course as well? (Or does that mess things up for them? Thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.