The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Marshmellow creme VS. Fluff? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032855)

maslex 12-13-2012 07:28 PM

Marshmellow creme VS. Fluff?
 
Is this the same stuff? I'm not a big Fluff eater but I do know that I use the Kraft Marshmellow Creme when I make fudge for the holidays.

Was just making a mental note of things that I need to pick up at the store for some holiday baking. I have a couple containers of Fluff but not Kraft Marshmellow Creme. Is this stuff interchangable?

sharonmickey 12-13-2012 08:06 PM

I seldom use Marshmallow Cream, usually I use Fluff since it is less expensive. I believe they are interchangeable.

PrincessShmoo 12-13-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslex (Post 46919657)
Is this the same stuff? I'm not a big Fluff eater but I do know that I use the Kraft Marshmellow Creme when I make fudge for the holidays.

Was just making a mental note of things that I need to pick up at the store for some holiday baking. I have a couple containers of Fluff but not Kraft Marshmellow Creme. Is this stuff interchangable?

Marshmallow creme = tissue
Marshmallow Fluff = Kleenex

That's what it is. Creme is generic, Fluff is a brand name.

:cutie:

tvguy 12-13-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 46920249)
Marshmallow creme = tissue
Marshmallow Fluff = Kleenex

That's what it is. Creme is generic, Fluff is a brand name.

:cutie:

It's a regional brand, sold in the north east, not like Kraft or Jet Puffed where are national brands.

scrapquitler 12-13-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvguy (Post 46921101)
It's a regional brand, sold in the north east, not like Kraft or Jet Puffed where are national brands.

I live in the North East. Until Walmart came to town about 15 years ago, I never knew that any other brand besides Fluff existed :lmao:

shinysparklybubbles 12-13-2012 11:14 PM

Fluff is better tasting, if you ask me. I don't think you could tell while baking with it, just if you were eating a fluff and nutter or just eating it alone.

sissy_ib 12-13-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapquitler (Post 46921118)
I live in the North East. Until Walmart came to town about 15 years ago, I never knew that any other brand besides Fluff existed :lmao:

I had no idea it was a thing at all until I moved to the north east! lol I was about 16 when we moved and I remember the little girls I babysat for eating it. Then my mom eventually having it in the house for her boyfriend.

So, since I am not a fan of marshmallow cream I have to ask, is it better for fudge than marshmallows? I just use marshmallows for mine.

packedforadventure 12-14-2012 03:09 PM

it's the same. I never had a peanut butter and fluff sandwich, until I married a man from CT. I still don't get it. It's like a dessert, but for lunch? Here in CA, we use Marshmellow cream to make fudge and I can't think of another reason to buy it!

http://www.*****************************

wiigirl 12-14-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles (Post 46921375)
Fluff is better tasting, if you ask me. I don't think you could tell while baking with it, just if you were eating a fluff and nutter or just eating it alone.

Agreed...Fluff...accept no substatutes....:cool1:

Straitlover 12-14-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packedforadventure (Post 46925407)
Here in CA, we use Marshmellow cream to make fudge and I can't think of another reason to buy it!

You can make a yummy fruit dip w/ marshmallow cream, cream cheese and a little fruit juice. One jar of marshmallow cream, one 8 oz bar of cream cheese, and a tablespoon or so of juice (I like pineapple, but you can use orange or whatever).

pixiewings71 12-14-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packedforadventure (Post 46925407)
it's the same. I never had a peanut butter and fluff sandwich, until I married a man from CT. I still don't get it. It's like a dessert, but for lunch? Here in CA, we use Marshmellow cream to make fudge and I can't think of another reason to buy it!

http://www.*****************************

LOL My DD12 eats it out of the jar.....yup, grabs a spoon and digs in. Which reminds me, I should grab a jar for her stocking. LOL

sunshinehighway 12-14-2012 06:50 PM

Fluff or nothing.

tvguy 12-14-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapquitler (Post 46921118)
I live in the North East. Until Walmart came to town about 15 years ago, I never knew that any other brand besides Fluff existed :lmao:

That is funny. Until Walmart came to town, I had never seen Fluff in person. But they only had it here briefly, it was next to the national brands. Now we just buy the Great Value Marshmallow creme, DW makes fudge with it.

snykymom 12-14-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sissy_ib (Post 46921470)
So, since I am not a fan of marshmallow cream I have to ask, is it better for fudge than marshmallows? I just use marshmallows for mine.

It's not necessarily better, just different. The Fluff (or creme if you prefer) incorporates itself into the fudge and gives it a different, creamier texture. The marshmallows always have little pieces left in the fudge, even if you try to melt them before putting them in.

pat fan 12-15-2012 07:42 AM

NOT the same! Fluff only!!! Marshmallow creme is just....not Fluff!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.