The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Grocery delivery (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032566)

interstate70s 12-12-2012 10:00 PM

Grocery delivery

Are there any grocery stores that will deliver to wdw resorts? And will bell services hold them and refridgirate perishables if you are not present at delivery?

mommytocalliesue 12-12-2012 10:14 PM

Yes and Yes!!

We used Garden Grocer. When we checked in, bell services brought it all right to our room. The cold stuff had been put in a fridge until we received them!

interstate70s 12-12-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue (Post 46913968)
Yes and Yes!!

We used Garden Grocer. When we checked in, bell services brought it all right to our room. The cold stuff had been put in a fridge until we received them!

Great. Garden Grocer. Got it.

interstate70s 12-12-2012 10:33 PM

Do you know what the delivery charge is? Or are there free delivery promo codes?

minnie mum 12-12-2012 11:19 PM

Can't tell you what their delivery charge is, although I know there is one.

Just wanted to give you another site to compare- Wegoshop. Haven't used it, but have read numerous reports by other Disers who have. It's a national service with a location close to WDW.

Patrickprincess 12-13-2012 12:23 PM

groceries

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 46914425)
Can't tell you what their delivery charge is, although I know there is one.

Just wanted to give you another site to compare- Wegoshop. Haven't used it, but have read numerous reports by other Disers who have. It's a national service with a location close to WDW.

I used them for my september trip and will be useing then again for my 2013 trip and the delivery fee is $12.00. In fact my groceries were watting for me when i arrived.

wiigirl 12-13-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interstate70s (Post 46914003)
Great. Garden Grocer. Got it.

I have used them....super easy! :thumbsup2

interstate70s 12-13-2012 02:26 PM

Thanks! It sounds like the delivery charge isn't unreasonable.

Sandi 12-13-2012 02:37 PM

We've used Garden Grocer serveral times and have been very pleased with them. Go to www.gardengrocer.com for helpful information.

Bell services will hold your groceries for your arrival. They are able to keep cold things cold and frozen things frozen. I would try to schedule your delivery time to be near the time you check in. GG called us when they were on the way to make the delivery. When we stayed at Fort Wilderness one year, GG delivered our groceries to our cabin and had all the refrigerated things put away for us. It was great!

nursie 12-15-2012 10:15 AM

Ditto

Gardengrocer.com
was a smooth delivery, inexpensive, great choices of food, reasonable prices.
We stayed several weeks and ordered twice and it was great.

mcraige 12-15-2012 10:48 AM

We always use WeGoShop. Fantastic! You can order anything you want, she uses perferred customer cards so the price you pay is the same as you would pay yourself at the grocery store. We always get more than we order (because of the 2 for 1 deals), and the savings always cover the delivery fee.

RevKjb 12-15-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi (Post 46918013)
We've used Garden Grocer serveral times and have been very pleased with them. Go to www.gardengrocer.com for helpful information.

Bell services will hold your groceries for your arrival. They are able to keep cold things cold and frozen things frozen. I would try to schedule your delivery time to be near the time you check in. GG called us when they were on the way to make the delivery. When we stayed at Fort Wilderness one year, GG delivered our groceries to our cabin and had all the refrigerated things put away for us. It was great!

Ditto!

anhflynn 12-15-2012 04:31 PM

Garden Grocer is awesome. We've used them past two Disney trips with no issues. Reliable service and they delivered to the resort - and the bell stand delivered to our room. Highly recommend.

Hopefully 12-16-2012 08:40 AM

We have used wegoshop.com 6 times and I highly recommend them. I believe we save the delivery fee just over the cost of bottled water. I love that I create my own list rather than shopping a 'virtual aisle". I also like the fact that their delivery window is 30 minutes, rather than 2 hours. And they have always been right on time. I schedule a late afternoon/early evening delivery time right to my Villa.
Remember if Bell Services holds and delivers your items to tip them when they deliver them.
Have Fun