The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sandy Concert, You Watching? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032529)

NEVERENOUGHWDW 12-12-2012 06:57 PM

Sandy Concert, You Watching?

Great to see this on, not sure why it took so long to get it together.

Think some have forgotten the true disaster this actually is and continues to be.

Wanted to thank the folks that reached out to me for my family in Breezy Point, NY. The strangers and friends here on the DIS really warmed my heart.

I have a great update they have been given a small manufactured house (trailer) in CT. They go to see it tomorrow!!!!!

topolino 12-12-2012 06:59 PM

Springsteen's set is a snoozefest. I know he's practically a national hero, but I never saw the appeal.

joyah 12-12-2012 07:01 PM

Nope I'm not and I won't. When Irene nailed VT we didn't get any concerts. I've sent stuff down to NJ via local trucks that I knew the drivers and radio stations involved so it's not that I don't feel bad for them we've lived through it. I have friends that their families graves are still missing.....

StephMK 12-12-2012 07:01 PM

We're watching, doesn't hurt that Bon Jovi has joined Springsteen on stage. :goodvibes I hope everyone will get the support they need to start the recovery process and rebuilding.

BearcatsFan 12-12-2012 07:08 PM

We're watching. :wave2:

mnrose 12-12-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topolino (Post 46913094)
Springsteen's set is a snoozefest. I know he's practically a national hero, but I never saw the appeal.

Couldn't disagree more. Springsteen.....:cloud9:

There was a concert within days of Sandy (on Television). This concert took more time to arrange, in part because Springsteen is actively touring the US. Dates that were established long ago. And, you couldn't do this concert without Bruce. He is synonymous with NY and NJ.

LexiC123 12-12-2012 07:24 PM

Yes, I'm watching. We were pretty lucky in that our damage was pretty minimal, but parts of my town and neighboring towns were wiped out, so this cause is near and dear to my heart.

And it doesn't hurt that, to me, the idea of members of the Beatles, Stones and the Who together on the same bill is just a little bit epic!

topolino 12-12-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexiC123 (Post 46913246)
Yes, I'm watching. We were pretty lucky in that our damage was pretty minimal, but parts of my town and neighboring towns were wiped out, so this cause is near and dear to my heart.

And it doesn't hurt that, to me, the idea of members of the Beatles, Stones and the Who together on the same bill is just a little bit epic!

With a little bit of Pink Floyd thrown in for good measure.

JenM 12-12-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephMK (Post 46913111)
We're watching, doesn't hurt that Bon Jovi has joined Springsteen on stage. :goodvibes I hope everyone will get the support they need to start the recovery process and rebuilding.

Now, that's what I call Jersey Strong! :thumbsup2

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8...rseystrong.jpg

Great concert so far. Hope it helps!

LexiC123 12-12-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topolino (Post 46913254)
With a little bit of Pink Floyd thrown in for good measure.

Gotta admit, it's been a loooong time since I've listened to some Pink Floyd music, but I'm really enjoying this set.

BearcatsFan 12-12-2012 07:40 PM

I'm lovin' me some Eddie Vedder! ::yes::

DisneyNutMary 12-12-2012 07:43 PM

I'm watching!! Bruce and Jon Bon Jovi were great, but Roger Waters doing comfortably numb with Eddie Vedder is awesome!

I hope they raise millions, so many in my area are still without homes answers or insurance checks. The FEMA loans are nothing when compared to the losses. Homes, lives, memories and sense of safety and security, all gone in a sudden storm surge wall of water.

BearcatsFan 12-12-2012 07:48 PM

Adam Sandler! :scared1: :laughing: :lmao:

LexiC123 12-12-2012 07:56 PM

Damn, Jon Bon Jovi just keeps getting better with age! *throb*

3 MEN AND A BOAT 12-12-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyah
Nope I'm not and I won't. When Irene nailed VT we didn't get any concerts. I've sent stuff down to NJ via local trucks that I knew the drivers and radio stations involved so it's not that I don't feel bad for them we've lived through it. I have friends that their families graves are still missing.....

I agree, their have been numerous disasters in other parts of the country that don't get televised concerts/fundraisers.