The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What's Your Fave At Narcoosee's? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032450)

VS85 12-12-2012 03:52 PM

What's Your Fave At Narcoosee's?

Will be eating a late dinner at Narcoosee's next week... What are your favorite things on the menu? I love seafood, but do not eat steak (or most beef entrees). But if the steak's your fave, I still want to know!

MarkF0wle 12-12-2012 03:56 PM

Last time I was there I had the Alaskan Halibut which was very good & very well cooked. The highlight of my meal however was the Strawberry Shortcake dessert. Which is not to be missed in my opinion. ::yes::

LSUfan4444 12-12-2012 03:59 PM

My favorite has always been the surf & turf with the filet and lobster tail, BUT the Ahi Tuna entree is fabulous.

figment_jii 12-12-2012 06:01 PM

My favorite appetizers are the calamari and the crab cakes. For entrees, I always get the whole Maine lobster and it's really good!

chamonix 12-12-2012 08:25 PM

the whole lobster is my favorite. I'm sure if you are from Maine or live near the ocean it isn't "as good" as you are used to, but I've never had a bad one there. :thumbsup2

The almond cheesecake is very good too, and that's something for me to say because I am a dedicated chocoholic! Normally I won't even consider a dessert that doesn't have chocolate in it. :goodvibes

sweeteypie1118 12-13-2012 02:01 PM

I ate there a few weeks ago and LOVED it!! Here is a link to my review if you're interested. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=30

anjalee6 12-13-2012 06:08 PM

I had the lobster and filet last time we went in November. It was hands down the best meal I had at Disney. The lobster was so easy to eat and not messy at all. Great meal!

sweeteypie1118 12-13-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjalee6 (Post 46919272)
I had the lobster and filet last time we went in November. It was hands down the best meal I had at Disney. The lobster was so easy to eat and not messy at all. Great meal!

Thats what I had. I agree about the lobter. Fabulous meal

goofy4prez 12-13-2012 08:05 PM

I love the Surf & Turf. And let's not forget the Almond-crusted Cheesecake which IMHO is one of the best desserts found in all of WDW. :thumbsup2

arcticdisneylovers 12-14-2012 08:30 PM

Never had a bad dish! But my favourite is the whole lobster :thumbsup2

tracey1302 12-15-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 (Post 46911527)
My favorite has always been the surf & turf with the filet and lobster tail, BUT the Ahi Tuna entree is fabulous.

Surf and Turf. Hands down. I tasted the steak as my Step-Dad had it and that was amazing too but I love the way they do the lobster at Narcoossee's and the sauce that they put it with is to die for.

I can also recommend the Mussels and the Crab cakes for appetisers :thumbsup2

BLTLDZ 12-15-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 (Post 46911527)

The surf & turf has always been my fave, but last monday I tried the Ahi Tuna..my new favorite!!!:thumbsup2

PoohsFan1 12-15-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjalee6 (Post 46919272)

I have to agree...I loved my surf and turf meal at Narcoossees. The filet was so tender and really flavorful and the lobster tail was sooooo good :goodvibes. My DD11 tried her first lobster when we ate there in September and fell in love with it (she actually ordered lobster when we ate at Fulton's a couple nights later). Now anytime she sees lobster on the menu, she immediately wants to get it. Unfortunately at those restaurants they don't accept the DDP :rotfl:.

Sweettears 12-15-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamonix (Post 46913252)
the whole lobster is my favorite. I'm sure if you are from Maine or live near the ocean it isn't "as good" as you are used to, but I've never had a bad one there. :thumbsup2

The almond cheesecake is very good too, and that's something for me to say because I am a dedicated chocoholic! Normally I won't even consider a dessert that doesn't have chocolate in it. :goodvibes

The lobster they serve is genuine Maine lobster. It's just about the only place you can get it at WDW. I think Fulton's might still serve it. The surf and turf tail is not of the Maine variety.

The whole lobster is my go to dish from Narcoossee's

VLee 12-15-2012 06:58 PM

LOve the whole lobster there...we have had it twice, plus the almond crusted cheesecake.