The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dining with 12 people ? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032019)

ruthfamilyvacationer 12-11-2012 12:50 PM

Dining with 12 people ?

How hard is going to be for me to get ADRs for 12 people? We are going with my sister's family and my mom and dad. We will eat most meals together. Anyone travel with a large group before?

BABYJOSIE98 12-11-2012 01:31 PM

Ohana at the Poly is a great location for large groups. They can easily sit a party of 12, but I would call asap for the ADR. That restaurant books up fast.

Plus I think it is a lot of fun and you get a great view of the castle and MK.

The bread pudding for dessert is the best!!!!!:thumbsup2

SmileEar2Ear 12-11-2012 02:19 PM

I got every ADR I wanted for our group of ten in Jan. Waiting to see how seating all works out, but it seems like it will all go smoothly. Pretty sure there would be a lot more posts on here if large groups were split up often, so I am not too worried.

Swoop1 12-11-2012 02:41 PM

Yep we had no problems booking ADR's for our party of 11. Just make sure to book as soon as your dates open for the best chance at getting what you want.

Pakey 12-11-2012 03:23 PM

I've done 3 large party vacations, smallest was party of 11.

Making the ADRs is very easy.

As far as seating, Disney will do what they can to seat you all at one table together. It may or may not happen but they do try very hard.

There are some places that are harder to get seated together. We have been split at Sci Fi, Coral Reef, 50s PTC, Whispering Canyon and Crystal Palace. Other places that definitely can't seat you together will be Biergarten and Teppen Edo. We have been seated all together at Cape May Cafe, Tusker House, Jiko, Boma, Sanaa, Tutto Italia, Brown Derby, Ca Grill, Citricos.

ruthfamilyvacationer 12-11-2012 03:38 PM

Thanks everyone! We aren't going till December 2013....I will be on 180+10 on the dot! This is our third trip in 4 years but our first with so many people (have only been with my 5 on previous trips).

We love Ohana and have done it twice on both of our other trips. Its on the top of the list! :)

tiawolfe 12-11-2012 03:47 PM

We are traveling in February with 14 people and I had no problems making reservations online at the 180 day mark. We made ADRs at O'Hana, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef, BOG, Tepan Edo and Mama Melrose's. a few places had a message with the confirmation number that said our group may e seated t 2 tables, but we are fine with that.

gwmort 12-11-2012 04:06 PM

We were 12 this year for Thanksgiving, we had an ADR every day of the week for 12, only got separated into 2 tables once, and even then it was 2 adjacent round tables (couldn't be pulled together).

I have no information to base this on, but it almost seemed easier, I know on more than one occasion there were small groups not getting seated because table space was being pooled for a larger group coming in (us) and they were not happy about it.

greenleaves7579 12-11-2012 04:23 PM

To be honest, Disney is the place for large families. Make sure you get an ADR and you should be fine as most of the Walt Disney resort restaurants have large seating areas, and they be expecting you so can plan before for a smoother dining experience.
Have a great time !

daisy112878 12-12-2012 01:34 PM

Just get adrs and you'll be fine. We've eaten all over DW with 11 to 15 people. Only once or twice have we been split into two adjacent tables.

Cheshire Figment 12-12-2012 02:01 PM

One thing that will help for seating together is to make the reservations for the first 15-20 minutes that the restaurant is open. If you make your reservation for the middle of the dining period it will be just about impossible to be seated even close to each other.

greenleaves7579 12-12-2012 02:52 PM

One place where you may have trouble is the Rose and crown pub in England pavilion, Epcot. We got split up and we were a group of 8, and we had ADR and were celebrating a birthday and gone to the effort of ordering a cake and balloons!! And we were sat by kitchen doors