The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hotel Galvez, Galveston and Disney transportation (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032009)

Irelandsmom 12-11-2012 12:36 PM

Hotel Galvez, Galveston and Disney transportation

For those of you that have booked Hotel Galvez through Disney for the night before your cruise and also used Disney transportation from IAH to get there - I have a few questions. Was there someone from Disney waiting at the luggage carousels all day long to meet people who needed to be transferred? When we booked they never asked us when we would need transportation so I am confused about this. We fly in late the night before and are staying at one of the airport hotels and then plan on catching the transfer to Hotel Galvez. Also what kind of vehicle was it? What about tipping? Thanks!

TookTheRedOne 12-11-2012 07:26 PM

If you are staying at the Marriott an IAH you can get a ground transfer from the hotel. Otherwise you have to make it back to the airport for pickup.

So you are staying a night at IAH then a night at the Galvez and then boarding the ship, yes?

Irelandsmom 12-12-2012 09:44 AM

Yes - we are staying one night at an IAH hotel and then Hotel Galvez and then the cruise. Disney offers transportation the day before your cruise if you stay at a Disney preferred hotel. So I am wondering what the transportation was (because I can't imagine them using a bus for a couple people) and how it worked. Anybody take advantage of this yet?

Irelandsmom 12-18-2012 06:07 PM

?

Bump

TookTheRedOne 12-18-2012 06:59 PM

I read somewhere on the DCL website (can't remember where) that they will provide a vehicle appropriate for the number of guests they are transporting. So, it could be something as small as a cab or towncar or as large as a small or large bus.

I am assuming they are contracting out to a local company for this service. Probably not as disneyfied as what Mears does for the Disney Magical Express at WDW.

Bee bob 12-27-2012 06:18 PM

I am interested in this as well. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. The last one out of Port Canaveral seemed so much easier.

How did you book your transfer through Disney? Thought we would rent a car, but the price is ridiculous.

Irelandsmom 12-27-2012 09:11 PM

Confusion

I am the OP- and I'm still unsure of how this works. BUT Disney doesn't have many answers either. I talked to one of their reps yesterday and he was also confused - he didn't know how Disney would work out the pick-up time. He said he would call me back today with the answer - no call :worried:

There has got to be someone who has stayed at Hotel Galvez and also took Disney transportation to get there - help us please! TIA!

chimpwars 12-29-2012 10:44 PM

We are flying into IAH and then renting a car to get to Hotel Galvez. I know when I emailed the travel agent about transfers she only said it wouldn't be a Disney Bus, and it's not the same service as in Orlando.
Sorry, good luck!