The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Orlando Hotels and Attractions (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Holiday Inn Resort LBV - Priceline $44/night (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3031973)

DisneyMissy318 12-11-2012 10:34 AM

Holiday Inn Resort LBV - Priceline $44/night

My DH's Christmas present to my DD and I is a trip to Florida!! We leave VA on 12/20 and fly back Christmas Morning - we'll be home by 10:00am... we are so excited!

Knowing I didn't want to break the budget - we got R/T air for $120/each - a rental car for $110 - and I just used PriceLine for a room at

Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista
13351 State Rd 535
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32821

close to DTDisney with a bid of $44/night. (I have since found out they have a "resort" fee of $12/night - which covers shuttle, parking, wifi, etc.)

I have used PriceLine for quite a few trips and am always pleased!

Good Luck!

Sparkly 12-11-2012 02:08 PM

Oh, that's awesome! We stayed there twice when it was the Sunspree and quite enjoyed it. Clean, nice pool and there was a movie theater and playground for the kids. Nice and close to Disney and there's a Golden Corral nearby for a cheap big breakfast to fill you up before going to the parks.

davinakb 12-14-2012 06:44 PM

Also got it via PL. had updated room, nice and clean, great being so close to the outlets. Not wild about resort fee but if ever we stayed there again, might try their shuttle to save the parking $$. For a low bid like you got, it's a good win for LBV and I'd be happy to do it again.

A Mickeyfan 12-18-2012 05:35 PM

:cool1: Merry Christmas to you!!! Wow, hope you have a great time.. I am so happy for you and all in a budget too.. that is the best way to go :thumbsup2

erincon23 12-23-2012 10:33 PM

I've never used Priceline -- do you know what you're bidding on before you bid? (I realize that's probably not the right word...) Or is it one of those "pick a star category and location," and you find out after you accept the rate? We're going down, we hope, teh week before Easter (I know, but DS is going with the school choir that week and we decided to drive down while he's there, no choice in dates) and we're looking for REALLY cheap.

DisneyMissy318 12-28-2012 09:55 AM

You've got it - you choose a star leve and a location and place your bid. I always start low and see what happens. If you bid is not accepted you have to "make a change" - add another area, add a star level, etc. So you want to start with your most preferred area and star level, just one of each, then you can add to it as you increase your bid. If you don't want to make any more changes, you wait 24 hours and start again. I have been very lucky with naming my own price for hotels. I make sure I know what hotels are considered what star level in the area I'm traveling - and make sure not to add a star level for a hotel I absolutely don't want. Takes a little time, but definitely worth it!