The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tell me about POR - staying 6 nights in Feb! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3031591)

cheryterese 12-10-2012 01:51 PM

Tell me about POR - staying 6 nights in Feb!
 
We are staying at POR for 6 nights in February. I booked it because our family of 5 will fit in one room there for a pretty decent price. I've been busy planning our park days and our ADR's but I really know nothing about POR - care to enlighten me? Is there anything we should be sure to do/see there? Thanks!

aaarcher86 12-10-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheryterese (Post 46895332)
We are staying at POR for 6 nights in February. I booked it because our family of 5 will fit in one room there for a pretty decent price. I've been busy planning our park days and our ADR's but I really know nothing about POR - care to enlighten me? Is there anything we should be sure to do/see there? Thanks!

There is a whole thread in this subforum with tons of info and pics dedicated to POR :thumbsup2

ETA: Here ya go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999316

cheryterese 12-10-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 46895371)
There is a whole thread in this subforum with tons of info and pics dedicated to POR :thumbsup2

ETA: Here ya go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999316

Thanks!

Practically_Perfect 12-10-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheryterese (Post 46895434)
Thanks!

Also, check out http://www.portorleans.org/

It has a TON of information about both Port Orleans resorts (Riverside and French Quarter), and it came in very handy for me prior to my first POR stay.

With the family of 5, you'll be in the Alligator Bayou section for sure with the extra bed (no longer a trundle, but more of a modified murphy-style bed).

So jealous - enjoy your stay!

Maria1985 12-10-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 46895371)
There is a whole thread in this subforum with tons of info and pics dedicated to POR :thumbsup2

ETA: Here ya go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999316

thanks for share.

looking 4 the mouse 12-10-2012 06:52 PM

Stayed there in Feb. had an awesome time. Enjoyed the food court, nice lounge, but very large. You can share the pool at French Quarter with a quick boat ride or long walk. Boat to Downtown Disney is also a treat. Everything had been referbished and had that new car smell. I prefered it over CBR. They also offer buggy rides and boat rentals. Transportation to the parks can be hit or miss depending on your luck. When I visit the resorts I take into consideration that everything won't be 100% perfect, but my stay was pretty dang close. Enjoy...
I will be at Wilderness Lodge 12/16-12/21. Hope it is as enjoyable as POR.

Hyonlyf 12-17-2012 12:11 AM

We did it a couple years ago and everyone fit fine with 5. They had full size beds then, but upgraded to queens so even better! Doing it again this February, and funny enough, the same exact dates as you AND it's my birthday too LOL

See you there! You should come over the Feb 2013 thread if you haven't already.

cheryterese 12-17-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyonlyf (Post 46939774)
We did it a couple years ago and everyone fit fine with 5. They had full size beds then, but upgraded to queens so even better! Doing it again this February, and funny enough, the same exact dates as you AND it's my birthday too LOL

See you there! You should come over the Feb 2013 thread if you haven't already.

What a small world! I hope you have a great birthday celebration too!

I haven't joined the Feb 2013 thread - off to do that now. Thanks!

krd315 12-28-2012 09:03 PM

We stayed in newly refurbished room in Alligator Bayou in Jan. of this year. We had 3 adults and 2granddtrs 6 & 8. The kids took turns on the Murphy bed as they loved it so much, while the other shared with mom. The new queen beds were awesome.

The resort is so pretty and we loved the boat ride to/from Downtown Disney. We have already booked POR again for next year as it worked so well for our family.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.