The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Should I go in May or June? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3031157)

KittyKat1978 12-09-2012 12:56 PM

Should I go in May or June?

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread....

Those of you who have gone in both May & June, which is the slower month? I would consider the last week of April as well.

I usually go in Sept, but would like to see MK not decorated in Halloween. I know May/June will be busier so I am looking for the least busy time in those two months (or the last week of April).

Pro's/Con's?

mickeynut1 12-09-2012 01:41 PM

I have been in both May and June (middle of the month for both) and honestly, I didn't see much difference in crowds between the two. June is a little warmer than May, but other than that, it didn't seem any more crazy to me in June than it was in May. The humidity can get bad in June the later you go, so if that's an issue, May might be the better time to go weather/temperature wise.

ThumpersWorld 12-09-2012 02:29 PM

I would pick the first half of May before schools start to let out. We've been at that time a few times and love it.

ricosuave 12-09-2012 02:33 PM

May was much better for us than June. We're going in may again 2013

beccasmom 12-09-2012 02:53 PM

Early May is great IMHO. Crowds are not bad at all. Weather is a grab bag.....we've stood at the bus stop with goose bumps on our legs in the morning, but it warmed up quickly, though not usually uncomfortably so.

Early June is okay, but as schools dismiss for the year the parks get progressively more crowded. Here in SE PA school is finished on 6/15 this year, for example. But I know some schools finish even earlier.

TrentzMom 12-09-2012 03:06 PM

I have not been in either month BUT I will tell you as a teacher in Virginia...our state's SOL testing window for grades 3-12 runs from mid-May to May 31 and we request parents please not pull their kids out at all during the month of May due to test review and taking the test. I know that our surrounding states operate in a similar way on the same time schedule. With that being said I'm going to guess that May will be less crowded. The students on the western side of the state begin summer vacation as early as May 30 and on the eastern side they don't get out until mid-June.

Kae 12-09-2012 03:20 PM

May is wonderful! Epcot has the Flower Fest, weather is great & except on the weekends the crowds are good, We went to both TL & BB on our last May trip. And the FL summer rains haven't started yet.

Kae

minnie mum 12-09-2012 04:34 PM

Early May while the Flower and Garden Festival is still running. Good crowd levels, not as hot as June (or as humid), less expensive.:thumbsup2

catheren 12-09-2012 04:45 PM

Agree w/ PP's early May is perfect! And the Flower Show at Epcot is beautiful!

allstonsmommy 12-09-2012 05:03 PM

We have been twice in May (3 including our trip planned for 2013) and we think it's a great time to go. Our visits are usually at the beginning of May and the heat isn't bad yet (We are from Alabama and currently living in Texas so the heat isn't really an issue for us even in the middle of summer there) and the crowds are a lot better than June.

B-Ride 12-09-2012 06:32 PM

Best weather we have ever had (warm but not too hot) and lowest crowds we have every experienced were both in May. June is getting hotter and more crowded.